Meet the Media Team!
Your Media Specialist (also known as the Librarian or Book Diva), Miss Kleponis, and your Media Assistant, Ms. Barrientos, are ready and eager to help you with your library needs, whether it is finding information for a school project (or just because you want to know something) or finding a really great book to read. If you have a question, just click our names in the chart below to send us an email. We love to help!
Accessing Online Resources
Here are some quick links to frequently used online resources:
Accessing Destiny Discover (the Library Catalog)
- Click on the Destiny Discover Link.
- Click the blue Elementary bar on the left side of your screen.
- Scroll down to find Luxmanor Elementary School (hint: the schools are listed in alphabetical order)
- Click on the Luxmanor link to access Destiny Discover
- Click the word login at the top right side of your screen.
- Click on the blue bar that says MCPSMD SSO Login
Accessing the Canvas Media Class
- Access Canvas, using your regular MCPS username and password.
- On the Dashboard, find the Luxmanor ES School Level Course, and click on it.
- Click on the Canvas Media Class button.
- Or, just click these words: Canvas Media Class
EBooks from Luxmanor
Luxmanor now has its own ebooks! No putting items on hold, no waiting, just reading!
There are multiple ways to access these books. The easiest way is to go to the Capstone Interactive site. Once you are there, click on Log In. Then type in our school's Username and our Password. That information can be found in the Capstone Interactive row of the Luxmanor Database Chart. Enjoy!
Go to the Research Resources OR the Catalog page of the Canvas Media Class class to watch a video of Miss Kleponis walking you through finding and reading the books.
Common Sense Education
Luxmanor is a Common Sense Education school. As a part of MCPS, our students participate in Common Sense Education lessons—lessons about responsible digital citizenship. Please go to our Common Sense Education Family Page for helpful resources.