How To Enroll Your Child in Kennedy



  • Students enrolling from outside the United States must start their enrollment process with their legal guardian at the International Student Admissions Office, which is located in the Rocking Horse Road Center at 4910 Macon Road, Rockville, MD 20852. It is advisable to call them first so that you know what you have to bring with you; their main number is 240-740-4500.
  • All students must visit the Downcounty Consortium (DCC) office during their enrollment process. International students will proceed to the DCC after completing all items at the International Admissions Office; students enrolling from inside the United States will begin their enrollment process here. The office is located in the Spring Mill Field Office at 11721 Kemp Mill Road, Silver Spring, MD 20902. You may reach them for an appointment by phone at 240-740-2540, or by email at
  • After completing the appointment at the DCC, the guardian will call Kennedy High School to set up an appointment for an enrollment at the school. This final step is by appointment only. Call the counseling office at 240-740-0105.

If the child does not live with a parent, legal guardian, or certified relative, contact the Enrollment and Attendance Compliance office at 240-740-4500. Students receiving special education services should bring a copy of the current Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan.



Withdrawal requests can be made electronically or in person. If you would like to submit your request electronically, please complete the STUDENT WITHDRAWAL FORM (el formulario de retiro también está disponible en español) to begin the withdrawal process for your child from Kennedy High School. You are also welcome to come into the school in person and complete a paper withdrawal form. Note that either way you submit your request, a parent/guardian photo ID is required to be uploaded to the form to confirm your identity and right of withdrawal. If the student has attended school at all during the current school year—even for just one day—they must come into the school and complete the withdrawal clearance form in order for the withdrawal to proceed.


If you have questions about how to transfer from one MCPS school to another due to program preference or unique hardship, please visit our Transfer Process page.


If you have any questions or concerns you can contact Kennedy’s counseling office or review MSDE: Questions About School Enrollment.