Off-Site Internship Program
Prospective Off-Site Internship Students for 2017-18: If you are considering an internship for the 2017-18 school year, please join this Google classroom and complete the application form. The google classroom code is ascuef. If you have any questions about the google classroom account or the internship program, please contact Mr. Smith at Jesse_R_Smith@mcpsmd.org
About the Off-Site Internship Program
The Off-Site Internship Program is designed to provide an opportunity for a student to obtain first hand knowledge of a career or field of study. Internships provide the students an opportunity to apply what has been learned at school to the working world while guided by a mentor who helps impart additional workplace skills. Intern applicants do not need to find their own internship placement prior to acceptance in the program.
To Become an Off-Site Intern You Must:
- Maintain regular attendance
- Be at the internship 10-15 hours a week
- Call the internship site when not able to attend
- Maintain a time sheet
- Keep a daily log
- Attend seminars once weekly during lunch
- Complete specified written assignments
- Prepare a presentation relating to the internship experience each semester
New Intern Resources
For more information contact Mr. Jesse Smith.