WJ Student Parking
Permits to Qualified Seniors
IMPORTANT: WJ parking permits are only valid for one semester and are issued at the start of the first and second semesters.
Eligible students must apply for a permit each semester.
Security Links: Security Home | Lost & Found | Student Drop-off/Pick-up |
Student ID Cards | Student Lockers | Student Parking | Tips/Info
To be eligible to apply for a parking permit WJ students must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Must be a senior
- Must not have any outstanding financial obligations
- Must possess a valid drivers license as of application due date
- Must be involved in one of the following: (items below are listed in the order used to rank applications for selection)
- SGA / Class Elected Officer
- WJ Academic (school credit) Internship
- WJ Sponsored After School Activity
**Be sure to list the items/reasons on your application form**
Steps for Permit Application
Qualified seniors interested in obtaining a parking permit must complete the following steps:
- Click here to open Part I of the Application (MCPS Form 215-6) in a new browser window. Complete as much of MCPS Form 215-6 as possible by typing the information on the web screen and print 1 copy of MCPS Form 215-6 before exiting the browser window. After printing, make sure Part I (MCPS Form 215-6) is dated and includes parent and student signatures.
- Make a photocopy of the front of your driver's license.
- Bring the application and the copy of your license to the Security Office (Room 137) between the dates listed in #1 & #2 in the Application Timeline below. No payment is required at this time.
- Pay for your permit between the dates listed in #3 & #4 in the Application Timeline below. Pay online or bring a check or money order, payable to WJHS, for $37.50 to the Security Office by 3:00 p.m. on the date listed in #4 in the Application Timeline below. No Cash Accepted. If paying by check, write MCPS student ID number and "student parking" in the memo section of the check. Payment and permit pickup deadline is the date listed in #4 in the Application Timeline below.
1st Semester Parking Permit Applications are now available on the WJ Website.
- Applications will be accepted only Monday, September 11, 2017 through Friday, September 15, 2017.
- Make sure to bring the application and the copy of your driver's license!
- A list of students receiving a permit will be posted at the Security Office on Wednesday, September 20, 2017.
- You can pay for your permit online from Wednesday, September 20, through Friday, September 22, 2017.
- Permit fee of $37.50 (Payable by check or money order made out to Walter Johnson HS) is due when the permit is picked up (if you did not pay online.)
- Permits can be picked up Wednesday, September 20, through Friday , September 22, 2017.
WJ Parking Regulations - will be strictly enforced!
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must obey all traffic regulations (no speeding, no driving recklessly, etc).
- Must display valid parking permit when parked on school property.
- May not give or loan a valid parking permit to another student.
- No parking in staff (except student overflow), visitor or disabled parking spaces or the bus loop.
- No unexcused absences in classes.
- No late arrival to first and/or fifth periods
Violation of MCPS rules, regulations or policies may result in the loss of parking permit. (See MCPS Student Rights and Responsibilities)
Parking on school property without a valid permit may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at owner’s expense.
Students with a valid parking permit must park ONLY in the DESIGNATED STUDENT PARKING AREA or OVERFLOW area. Please see map below. Parking anywhere else on school property may result in a $10 parking obligation and towing at owner’s expense.
Students must not park at the neighboring businesses or neighborhood "No Parking" zones. They have the right to have cars towed at the owner's expense.
Walter Johnson H.S. uses Anchor Towing, (301) 656-5531.