Meet Your Counselors
- Ms. Katie Cole: 8th grade counselor
- Mr. Joel Dechter: 7th grade counselor
- Ms. Ellen Turverey: 6th grade counselor
- Ms. Olga Williams: Counseling Secretary and Registrar (se habla Español)
Email addresses can be found in the Staff Directory
About the Counseling Services Department
To obtain a work permit, please visit the State of Maryland Employment of Minors webpage.
Click here for the NMMS Direct Link
Tips to Help Your Children Develop Good Character:
- Model good character at home.
- Tell your children where you stand on important matters.
- Show respect for your spouse, your children, and other family members, and insist that all family members use good manners.
- Have family meals together (without television) as often as possible.
- Assign home responsibilities to all family members.
- Plan as many family activities as possible; involve your children in the planning.
- Set clear expectations for your children and hold them accountable for their actions.
- Don't provide access to drugs and alcohol for your children. Model appropriate behavior regarding alcohol and drugs.
- Don't make excuses for their inappropriate behavior.
- Know where your children are, what they are doing, and with whom.
- Learn to say no and mean it.
- Ask for help and support when you need it.
- adapted from Helen LeGette's Parents, Kids, and Character
Common Sense Education Digital Citizenship Resources
Common Sense Media website
Common Sense Media sito en espanol
Common Sense Media Family Guides and Parent Concerns
Common Sense Blog for Parents and Caregivers in English and espanol (Tus hijos, medios y technologia)