Student Safety at Greenwood
Drop Off and Pick-Up Traffic Process at Greenwood E. S
DRIVERS:For the safety of our students and community, please respect and use the following traffic patterns for drop-off and pick-up daily. You are kindly requested to follow the traffic flow and go ONE WAY/RIGHT TURN ONLY on Goldmine.
Printer friendly guidelines and diagram.
AM: Morning Drop off Process
Drop off students between 8:40 and 8:50. (Please do not drop off your child before 8:40am as there is no adult supervision. Teachers pick up students from line up at 8:40.)
When dropping off your child to school, please utilize the following drop off pattern to ensure student safety:
- Approach the school on Gold Mine Road from the west (4 way stop sign at Briars Road and Gold Mine Road) and drive past the school to the drop off circle. Please drop your child off in the circle and continue through the parking lot and exit the school by making a right hand turn onto Gold Mine Road. In order to ensure the safety of our students, please make sure that you drive slowly and obey all traffic stops. Parents may park in front of the school beginning at 9:00am and all cars will need to be moved from the parking lot by 2:45pm. When parking, please make sure that you park facing Gold Mine Road.
- If you are dropping your child off in the kiss and ride lane, please do not park your car to remove your child from the car. This causes a traffic back up which endangers the safety of our students. If you need to park your car, please use the parking lot to the left of the school and walk your child to the appropriate line-up area. Thanks for your attention to the safety of our students.
- Enter parking lot circle. Students are to be dropped off in the coned off area of the circle only – not on Goldmine Road. Pull up as far as possible before releasing your children; the first car in line should be beside the bike rack. Students should exit car toward the curb not on the driver side.
- Adults: be patient – do not pass other cars. Move up as cars move.Do not cut in front of others instead wait to move out AFTER you have dropped off your children. Remain in your vehicle.Vehicles are not allowed in bus circle until 9:00am.
- After drop off: (8:40-8:50) - K-2 students line up in All Purpose Room. Students in grades 3, 4 and 5 line up on the playground or in the gym during inclement weather.
PM: Afternoon Pick-up Process
Parking lot circle pick-up lane opens at 2:50. The lane will be coned off until that time. Dismissal for pick-up begins at 3:20pm. Use the outside lane and park in the lot when arriving prior to 2:50.
- Pull up as far as possible before picking up your children; the first car in line should be beside the bike rack. Students enter vehicle from the sidewalk not on the driver side.
- Adults: be patient – do not pass other cars. Move up as cars move. Do not cut in front of others instead wait to move out AFTER you have picked up your children. Remain in vehicle. Vehicles are to be moved from the bus circle before 2:45pm
- Students who are being picked up by car need to wait in the designated area until their parents' cars have come to a stop within the designated coned-off area in the traffic circle. Please do not encourage your children to walk down to the street to meet your car. Children should enter their vehicles on the passenger side near the curb.
- During dismissal times (3:20-3:40), children may use the play ground ONLY if you are there with them. Park in the lot for this purpose.
Please note that dogs are not allowed on the school grounds during school hours.