Counseling Staff, Assignments, and General Information
View Counselor Listings - Counselors are assigned students by alphabetical listing.
The Clarksburg Counselors can be reached at:
Phone: (301) 444-3020
Fax: (301) 444-3594
Making Appointments: Students who wish to see their counselor may make an appointment by completing the “Student Request for Appointment with Counselor” form found in the Counseling Office. Students may see their counselors before school, during lunch, and after school without an appointment.
Course Registration and Scheduling
Students have been provided with a copy of their course requests for the 2018-2019 school year. All course change requests need to be submitted by August 15th.
College and Career Summer Workshops
The College and Career Center will he hosted a variety of Workshops through out the summer. Topics will include:
- What to Expect your Senior Year - June 19, June 21, June 27
- Money Pantry - The Financial Aid Process - June 19, June 27
- Choosing the Right College - June 20
- What you need to know about Standardized Testing June 20
- Parents Open Forum - June 29
- Resiliency Training - June 21
- Stress Less Management - June 21
- Scholarship and Grants Workshop - June 29
- Create Your Resume - June 29
- The Financial Aid Process for UMCP - July 10
- ....and much, much more. See the following link and check out the times and dates of all our Workshops
- HSA & PARCC Testing
- AP Testing - The AP Program is collaboration between motivated students, dedicated teachers, and committed high schools, colleges, and universities. Since 1955, the AP Program has enabled millions of students to take college-level courses and exams, and to earn college credit or placement while still in high school. Each AP Exam has a corresponding AP course and provides a standardized measure of what students have learned in the AP classroom. AP Exams are rigorous, multiple-component tests in 37 subjects that are administered at high schools each May.
Each AP Exam contains a free-response section (either essay or problem-solving) and a section of multiple-choice questions. The modern language exams also have a speaking component, and the AP Music Theory Exam includes a sight-singing task. Each AP Exam is given an overall grade of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5, with 5 indicating a student who is extremely well qualified to receive college credit and/or advanced placement based on an AP Exam grade.
- Clarksburg AP Exam & Course Offerings - AP Exam Online Registration - A link will be provided around February for online registration and payment.