After School Activities
News and Announcements
Check this Webpage and the Activities Bulletin Board for Updates
- Activity Buses begin Wednesday October 5th.
- MCTEF Tennis, a new after-school program, begins Thursday October 6th. Click HERE for more information.
- RecXtra Activities
- All RecXtra Activities are Free
- Wednesdays, Blacktop Basketball with Ms. Cooking
- Wednesdays, Tennis
- Wednesdays, Cooking Club
- Thursdays, Cooking Club with Dr. Stoll
- Thursdays, Chess Club with Dr. Lee
- Every other Thursday, Book Wars with Mrs. Mullen
Reminders for Parents:
Parent Pick Up
Please do not drive your vehicles in the bus circle to pick up students after school. Please use the "Parent Pick Up", which is the small parking lot by the tennis courts.
Students need to make sure a teacher is available before remaining after school for extra help. If a student plans to stay with a teacher, please confirm with the teacher before the end of the regular school day.
Rules & Regulations for After School Activites
After School Activities - Rules and Regulations
Activity Buses & Sports Bus
Activity Buses will be available for students attending after school activities on most Wednesdays and Thursdays. Activity Buses will not be available on Tuesdays this school year. Regular Activity Buses typically leave between 4:20PM-4:35PM. If all activities are canceled for any reason, Activity Buses will also be canceled. There are no Activity Buses on Early Release days.
Sports Bus is available for Sports Teams throughout the School Year on most practice days. There are no Sports Buses on game days. The Sports Bus leaves at 4:45PM or 5:20PM. Students should contact their coach with any questions about the Sports Bus.
The Montgomery County Board of Education requires payment of an Extracurricular Activity (ECA) fee for your middle or high school student to participate in extracurricular activities for the 2015-2016 school year.
What is the ECA fee?
- The $32.50 annual fee supports adult-supervised extracurricular activities, such as sports and clubs, for middle and high school students. Students who pay the fee are entitled to participate in one or more programs during the year.
Who pays the ECA fee?
- All middle and high school students who voluntarily participate in sports or clubs pay the ECA fee. Check with your school administration to determine what other activities require the ECA fee.
ECA Remittance Fee Form
ACTIVITIES WILL START IN OCTOBER 2016 - WATCH THIS SPACE FOR MORE INFORMATION.
*Students staying for a Montgomery County Rec Department (REC EXTRA) activity are not permitted to stay without a signed registration form for that particular activity.