Board of Education → Members → Student Member of the Board
Mr. Kim, a senior at Poolesville High School, is the 36th student member of the Board of Education. In the past few years, he has held several leadership positions, including serving as the Montgomery County Region of the Maryland Association of Student Councils’ deputy chief of staff, Maryland Association of Student Councils Maryland County Delegate, and Governor’s Maryland Youth Advisory Council executive board member.
Leadership and Accomplishments
- Montgomery County Region (MCR) – Student Government Association (SGA)
- Deputy Chief of Staff
- Maryland Association of Student Councils
- Montgomery County Delegate to Legislative Session
- Fall Leadership Conference Trainer
- Maryland Youth Advisory Council (MYAC) - Executive Board Member
- Poolesville High School
- SGA Vice President
- Sophomore Class President
- Freshman Class President
- National Youth Association – Delegate to American Youth Summit
Find out more
- Term expires June 30, 2014
- 12th Grade Student at Poolesville High School
Notice about E-mail Addresses
The e-mail addresses provided are for individual Board members and are provided for the convenience of the public in communicating with
particular Board members.
These e-mail addresses should never be used for official communications that must be made to the Board, especially for matters on appeal and legal notices.
Please be aware that the individual Board member may or may not share the communication with the entire Board, individual members of the Board, or other individuals. To address
the entire Board, please use email@example.com
Notices of appeal or any communications related to appeals may be delivered/mailed to the Board office, e-mailed to Glenda Rose at Glenda_Rose@mcpsmd.org,
or sent via facsimile to 301-279-3860.All other legal notices and official communication must be delivered or mailed to the Board office in writing or as otherwise required by law.