Waters Landing Counselor's Corner
Ms. Nan Iuculano - Parent Community Coordinator, Ms. Karen Laureno - Counselor, Ms. Loren Felsher - Counselor
Contact by email
|The role of the school counselor is to act as a leader, advocate, team member, consultant to teachers, parents, and community stakeholders, and most importantly as a supportive, caring counselor to students. The Counseling Program at Waters Landing Elementary School encourages academic, social, and career development. The counselor is an advocate for all students and strives to assist in the development of the skills and knowledge needed to contribute to a diverse, dynamic society by encouraging access, equity and social justice. Professional School Counselors are leaders who advocate, collaborate, and facilitate individual and system change to ensure every student has the knowledge and skills necessary for academic success and personal growth.
We want to work hard to be good friends to each other!
Things that friends do:
- Show they care about other's feelings
- Compliment others
- Be nice
- Say sorry and work it out with kind words
- Smile at others
- Stand up for each other
- Say nice things to each other
- Use good manners and be polite
- Show respect
- Include others
Things that friends DO NOT do:
- Say mean things like "shut-up" or "I hate you"
- Boss others around
- Laugh at others
- Interrupt or talk when others are talking
- Tattle (tell on someone just to get them in trouble)
- Leave people out
- Push, kick, hit, punch, etc.
- Hurt each other's feelings
- Make fun of others or tease
- Call someone a name they do not like
- Threaten ("If you don't _____, then I will ____!")