We are musicians who like to listen to music, discuss music and create music. We know that classroom music experiences:
- let us explore a variety of music genres and styles
- help us to make aesthetic judgments
- connect us to the past and other cultures
- allow us to uniquely express our own ideas and emotions.
We will be inspired to be life-long lovers of music, performers, and consumers of music by following "The Resnik Way" each day.
Ms. Zabel has been teaching music for many years and is absolutely delighted to be the full-time music teacher at Resnik. She especially loves working with the chorus students. In her spare time, she enjoys taking classes regarding Orff Schulwerk, World Drumming, and ballroom dancing.
Winter Concert Approaching
Google Chrome Classroom
- Mark your calendar: Monday, December 17th at 7:00 p.m., Resnik will hold its Winter Chorus, Band, and Orchestra Concert.
- Concert Snow Date: Tuesday, December 18th at 7:00 p.m.
- Please look over the music page for opportunities to extend learning and practice with the recorder!
- Performing Music: Explore steady beat.
- Responding to Music: Respond to different meters through movement; demonstrate different vocal and instrumental tone colors.
- Reading Music: Read high and low, long and short icons.
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Compare loud/soft and fast/slow sounds.
- Performing Music: Perform steady beat on classroom instruments.
- Reading and Notating Music: Read icons for quarter and eighth notes, so and mi.
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Demonstrate steady beat through movement; identify contrasting and repeating sections.
- Performing Music: SPerform singing games; perform a bordun; perform folk songs and dances.
- Reading and Notating Music: Read tie, half note, half rest, do, re.
3rd Grade Whack-A-Note
- Analyzing and Responding Music: Identify meter in written examples; use music vocabulary - pianissimo/fortissimo.
- Performing Music: Sing with appropriate vocal technique; perform songs and dances of various periods and cultures, two-part rounds.
- Reading and Notatating Music: Melodic.
- Reading and Notating Music: Music reading - sight-reading with solfege; music notation.
- Performing Music: Three-part rounds; vocal technique - .expressive qualities; perform singing games and dances of various periods and cultures
- Identifying major and minor modes.
- Comparing music and other arts.
- Performance and audience behaviors.
- Analyzing and Responding Music: Describe musical form; describe songs and dances of various periods and cultures; identify major and minor modes.
- Performing Music: Vocal technique - diction and expression; partner songs and descants; chordal accompaniment.
- Music arranging.
Cool YouTube Videos:
Vivaldi, Winter, Four Seasons (Allegro), Beethoven, Symphony 7, Allegretto, mvt 2
with animated score
Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates JULIAN SMITH - Techno Jeep
the Power of the Pentatonic Scale
Places to Visit: ARTSEDGE/Perfect Pitch
Classics for Kids
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
National Philharmonic Orchestra
Black Rock Center for the Arts
Children's Chorus of Washington