Welcome to Our Media Center!
Hours of Operation: 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
LEARN ~ INNOVATE ~ LEAD
(Montgomery County Public Schools Library Media Programs Vision Statement)
It is our mission to provide innovative, learner-centered services to nurture and challenge the academic and personal information needs of students and staff.
Ms. White Ms. She Mrs. Simmons
(Media Specialist) (Media Assistant) (IT Systems Specialist)
Ms. White has been an MCPS employee for almost 3 decades. This is her 11th year as a media specialist. Prior to that, she has been a classroom teacher in Grades 2, 4, and 6. Ms. White is a cat-lover, and she truly enjoys working with the students, staff and the entire Resnik community!
Ms. She is our media assistant. In her spare time, she likes to hike, meditate, and enjoy nature. Ms. She looks forward to working with Resnik students, staff, and families throughout the school year.
Mrs. Simmons serves as the ITSS for Resnik (in addition to Candlewood Elementary School and Redland Middle School). She provides technology support, including operational and maintenance services, information, and assistance focused on staff and student productivity.
Frequently Asked Questions About the Media Center
- If you have Internet access, please view the Destiny Catalog the night before your book exchange day.
- Create a wish list of books to checkout, and bring your list with you to the media center on book exchange day.
- Be sure to include the title, the author, and the call number for each item on your wish list.
- This will save time because access to the patron catalogs is very limited for an entire class during book exchange.
Montgomery County Public Library Card Registration Form (en español) or Online Registration
News About the Gaithersburg Public Library
MCPL Reading Book Lists
Check out science-themed Go! Kits (Little Explorers and Young Voyagers) at the Montgomery County Public Library.
American Library Association Announces 2018 Youth Media Award Winners
Check out the articles in School Libraries Transform Learning .
- NARRATIVE WRITING - Conduct research to write a paragraph to share with each student's family.
- INFORMATIONAL WRITING - Read literature to write a response essay to share with classmates.
- OPINION WRITING - Conduct research to write a speech to be given at a meeting where the mayor and residents of the student's town will be present.
- OPINION WRITING - Conduct research to write a letter to the editor of a kid's science magazine.
AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner
School Library Media State Curriculum
Maryland Technology Literacy Standards for Students
How to Use Glogster or eduGlogster Citing a Book in MLA Jr NoodleTools