Mission Statement

The Quince Orchard High School Counseling Department provides academic, social emotional, and college and career guidance to a diverse student body with the purpose of building resilient, empathetic, compassionate, and productive members of society. In collaboration with faculty, families, and the community, the Counseling Department empowers students to achieve their academic potential, develop personal well-being, self-advocate, and pursue their goals with purpose and confidence.

Staff Members:

Counselor Student Breakdown
9th-11th 12th
Ms. Elza A-Aq A-Buq
Ms. Kochuba Ar-Can  
Ms. Jimenez  Cao-Ez Bur-Er
Ms. Rossini  F-Hur Es-Her
Mr. Favazzo  Hus-Mar Hes-Lua
Mr. McMillen Mas-Pat Lub-Me
Ms. Gaston  Pau-Sc Mf-Qt
Ms. Lyon  Sd-Wan Qu-Sta
Mr. Rivera  Wao-Z & ESOL 1-3 Stb-Z
Ms. Fetzer-Munoz ESOL  

Secretary: Ms. Cross 
Office Phone #: 240-740-3620
Office Fax #: 301-840-4767

**College Representatives please contact Maripat Moloney-Johnston to schedule visits** 


Information About Changes in AP Exams

There are some big changes coming this year in regards to AP exam registration and payment.  We will be utilizing a new registration platform on the College Board website call myAP Classroom Students will be given a join code by their AP teachers in order to access the new registration platform.  In addition to this change in platform, College Board has also changed the deadline for students to register for their AP exams.  QOHS AP students will need to register for their AP exams by November 4, 2019. If a student does not register by this deadline, there will be a $40 late fee charged in addition to the exam fee for each exam ordered after the deadline date. Links for materials from the College Board explaining more about the registration process and the reasoning for changing the registration timeline are available online in English and Spanish. The payment process is now live and information can be found online in English and Spanish!  AP Exams can be paid for via the Online School Store.  Students who qualify for a fee waiver or are requesting financial assistance must complete the appropriate paperwork (English or Spanish) and submit it.  If you have further questions regarding AP registration, please contact Ms. Lyon in counseling or Ms. Nicholsonin the media center. 

Signs of Suicide Information for Parents

MCPS is working with students and parents to help open the conversation about the Signs of Suicide, recognizing it, and getting help for those in need.  This newsletter contains useful information including how to talk to your child, "Moody vs. Depressed", "Is My Child Being Bullied", "Teens and Alcohol", "Self-Injury", and more. 


There are NO walk-in enrollments accepted.  Please call Ms. Cross in the Counseling Office in order to schedule an enrollment appointment (240-740-3620).  Additional information can be found on the Enrollment Information page

504 Plan Information

Course Registration Information


Incoming Freshman - Welcome Info

College Application Process and Information

  • 9th and 10th Grade College Discussion Presentation
  • Juniors:  
  • Senior Packet and Senior Packet Review  
  • Financial Aid Information PowerPoint
  • Tips for Applying to Arts Colleges
  • Transcript Information -  Want to Request your Transcripts? - You need to see the Registrar  
    • Transcript Release Form 
    • Mid-Year Reports Information - Mid-year transcripts, which include your mid-year final grades, will need to be sent to your colleges and universities. Mid-year transcripts will be available after report cards are distributed in February. You may obtain a blue Midyear Transcript Request Form from the Registrar, Ms. Gregg, beginning February 12. Please return your form to the Registrar. If the Registrar had to mail in your initial transcripts (postage stamp school), please submit an addressed stamped envelope with your request form. Otherwise, your transcripts will be sent electronically.
    • End of Year Report/Final Transcript Information - Available April 27th and due back by May 22nd - To send your final transcript to your college or university, you will need to complete the final transcript request form and return it to the registrar’s office with $1.  Final transcript forms are available in the registrar’s office before school, during lunch, or after school.  When the final transcript is available, it will be mailed to your school.  If you have any questions, please contact the registrar’s office.
  • Senior Parent Meeting: The Application Process