Telephone: 240-740-6995

 2017 Ms. Khan
Ms. Judith Kahn

The registrar maintains all records for current students. The registrar helps enroll new students and also withdraws students who may be transferring to another school. The registrar also sends transcripts to colleges.

The registrar's office is open to students before school, during lunch and after school.

Document Requests for Former Students

Student records are kept at Northwood High School for four years & then sent to MCPS Central Records in Bethesda.

If you graduated or withdrew in the past four years, you will need to contact the registrar in advance. Judith Kahn can be reached at or by calling 240-740-6995. Many documents can now be sent electronically which can expedite your request.

If you graduated or withdrew more than 4 years ago, you will need to contact MCPS Central Records at 301-320-7301. The Student Record Request Form (226-8) can be found the Montgomery County Public Schools website.

MCPS Central Records Office

The MCPS Central Records Office supports schools by maintaining all graduate and withdrawn student records in compliance with State and Federal regulations.

The address for MCPS Central Records Office is:

Central Records, Concord Center
7210 Hidden Creek Road, Bethesda, MD 20817
Telephone: 301-320-7301
Fax: 301-320-7305.

If you graduated or withdrew from MCPS more than four years ago:

Your transcript request must include:

  • Your signature
  • A check or money order for $5, payable to "MCPS"
  • A self-addressed, stamped, business-sized envelope

Enrolling Your Child in School

Children age 5 by September 1 and not age 21 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment.

If the child is not a U.S. citizen and has not attended a U.S. school continuously for the past two years, or is a U.S. citizen who has been attending a non-U.S. school overseas, contact Residency and International Admissions at 301-230-0686.

If the child does not live with a parent or legal guardian, contact Residency and International Admissions at 301-230-0686.

You should register at the child's local school. To determine what the local school is for a specific address, call the School Boundary Information Line at 240-314-4710 between 10 am - 2 pm weekdays.

Parents registering their children for the first time in a Montgomery County public school must provide proof of age, identity, county residency and immunizations, unless homeless. Required immunizations must be completed within 20 days of registration.

Students who have previously attended school should bring their latest report card, if available. Students receiving special education services should bring a copy of the current Individualized Education Program (IEP).

More information

Withdrawing Your Child From School

To ensure that the proper procedures are followed when withdrawing a student from Northwood, the parents/guardians need to contact the registrar three days before the student's last day of school.

The student withdrawl form should be completed if a student withdraws during the school year.

Change of School Assignment

The parent/guardian is to complete Part I of the Request for Change of School Assignment form and submit the form to the principal of the home school from which the student wants to transfer no later than the first school day in April.  Please read the Change of School Assignment booklet before completing the form.