All students (new or reentering MCPS) must provide verification of age, identity, residency, and immunizations, unless homeless. If a student is not a U.S. citizen and has not attended a U.S. school any time during the prior two years, please contact Residency and International Admissions at 301-230-0686.
Age- 5-21 (Birth certificate, Passport/Visa, Hospital certificate, Physician's certificate, Church certificate, other legal or notarized id)
- Children age 5 by September 1, and not age 21 on the first day of school are eligible for enrollment
Identity - Person Enrolling Student Must Present (Photo ID, Driver's license, Passport, Court order)
- Legal identification AND
- Proof of relationship to student
- Anyone other than parent or legal guardian must consult with school staff to determine the appropriate form and documentation required for enrollment.
Residency - In Montgomery County (W-2, Current pay stub, Income Tax form, Medical bills, Car registration, current utility bill, car insuance policy/bill, current phone/cell bill)
- If homeowner, provide copy of current property tax bill. A copy can be obtained from Montgomery County Division of Treasury at 240-777-8950 or at montgomerycountymd.gov, OR
- If renter, provide copy of current (less than 1 year old) lease. If lease is more than 1 year old, copy of lease and a current utility bill, OR
- If living in shared housing, provide notarized MCPS Form 335-74: Shared Housing Disclosure and either a copy of the current property tax bill of homeowner or copy of lease of renter with whom student and parent are living and three other appropriate supporting documents.
- Anyone who is not a resident of Montgomery County must complete MCPS Form 335-73: Determination of Residency and Tuition Status and contact Residency and International Admissions at 301-230-0686.
- If homeless, please refer to MCPS brochure Homeless Children in Montgomery County Public Schools.
Forms are listed below:
If you are living in the Poolesville area you will need to fill out a COSA
Immunizations (forms needed for entrance into MCPS)
- Maryland Immunization Certificate 896 OR
- Computer-generated printout from the doctor's office