This is Ann Dolan Principal at Gaithersburg Middle School.
Follow Principal Dolan for daily highpoints: on Twitter: @Gaithersburg_MS
Please refer to our website with more details about our upcoming events this
- Congratulations to Ms. Schade and our Choral students
for an excellent winter concert.
- Compliments to Ms. Ehrenspeck and our Band and
Orchestra students for an amazing winter concert.
- Beginning December 16, Ms. Shawaan Robinson will be
serving as the Principal Intern at Gaithersburg Middle School through
- Principal Dolan will be the visiting Principal at
Ashburton Elementary and return on February 18. Ms. Sherry Moses will be
the visiting Principal from McNair Elementary during this time.
- Ms. Moses will be supporting 6th grade
Learning (SSL) Form Deadline:
- All SSL forms for service completed during the 1st
semester is due to Ms. Mesina by January 3, 2020.
Maryland State Report
- The Maryland State Department of Education (MSDE) has
released the 2019 accountability report card for every school in the state
of Maryland. The state website has been experiencing technical
difficulties, as a result the 2019 Maryland Report Card for GMS is
attached for your review.
- The Maryland Report Card is designed to evaluate school
success in several ways, measuring state test results in English Language
Arts and math; postsecondary readiness; progress of English learners in
achieving English language proficiency; graduation rate; and students with
access to and earning credit for a well-rounded curriculum.
- Last year GMS earned three out of five stars. This year
the school improved in many areas but the stars rating remained a three
out of five stars.
- The state made some adjustments to school scores. An
updated letter with our revised score is attached to this message.
December GMS Focus: Spirituality
GMS Cooking Class
- The GMS cooking classes have been busy baking holiday
cookies for the First Annual Holiday Cookie Sale.
- All this week a variety of cookies including
gingerbread, sugar, chocolate chip, pumpkin and gluten free will be sold
for 50 cents each.
- Proceeds benefit the cooking classes and Model UN
Scholarships. Cash only will be accepted.
GMS Greenhouse Market
- The GMS Greenhouse Market is holding its annual
winter plant sale. It takes place Tuesday, 12/17 through Friday,
- You may visit the Greenhouse (room 203) to select your
plants Period 2 and 6. For other time, please contact Donna Lanham
or Sharon Alpert. Herbs are selling for $1 and house plants for
$3. Plants are a wonderful gift for anyone!
GMStrong Peer Leader
- Viking Time Period 7-6th grade
- Viking Time Period 3-7th grade
- Viking Time Period 4-8th grade
GMS After School
- STEM Club has returned again this year to take part in
the Invent the Future Challenge. All students are encouraged to
participate. Please see Ms. Wolf in 703A with any questions.
- The Cultural Cooking Club has started! The club
meets on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to share our diversity through
cooking. Mrs. Donna Lanham will meet students in the Café @ 3:15 and
bring them to the classroom.
- You can now buy your yearbook in school from Marie
Dolan (math teacher in room 300) during Lunch C and after school.
The price is $40.00.
- Please bring that exact amount in cash or a check for
that amount to reserve your copy of this year's yearbook!! Don't
wait too long!! The price goes up again on January 31st!
Help the Minority
Scholars Feed the Homeless:
- The GMS Minority Scholars is working on a community
outreach activity: they would like to make PB & J Sandwich to feed the
homeless. They will be having a sandwich-making party on Thursday,
Dec. 19th. Student leaders will make these sandwiches and then will
deliver them to Martha’s Table.
- Minority scholars are asking for help with donations of
sandwich bread (doesn’t matter what kind or brand), Peanut Butter and
Jelly (squeezable) and sandwich bags to make this a reality. Please
bring your donations to the front office where there will be a box set up
for these donations. Any and all help is very appreciated!
- If you have any questions, please contact Michelle
Hunsberger or Ernie Padilla.
- The GMS daily announcements are posted on the PTA
Sign up for GMS PTA
6th grade sign up: Text the message @8k38g4 to the number 81010.
7th grade sign up: Text the message @769236a to the number 81010.
8th grade sign up: Text the message @c8hd96 to the number 81010.
Monday, December 16,
- 9:00 AM-12:30 PM KID Museum Fieldtrip-Ms. Wolf
- 10:40-11:10 AM VT 2
Tuesday, December 17,
- 10:40-11:10 AM VT 3-Circle
- 11:14 AM-1:20 PM Book Wars Meeting-Media Center
- 4:20 PM Activity Bus
- 7:00 PM GMS Play -Happily Ever After Showcase-Gym
- Interim Grades Posted
- 10:40-11:10 AM VT 4
- 4:20 PM Activity Bus
- 10:40-11:10 AM VT 5
- 4:20 PM Activity Bus
Friday, December 20,
- Spirit Day-Pajama Day
- 10:40-11:10 AM VT 6
- 12/23-1/1 No School-Winter Break
- 1/2 Students Return to School
- 1/3 DEADLINE Student Service Learning Paperwork