Bannockburn Elementary School Vision Statement
Bannockburn is an
inclusive community of innovative thinkers; we challenge, we inspire, we
Bannockburn Elementary School Mission Statement
- Create a peaceful and respectful environment
- Value and share in the experiences and perspectives of others.
- Teach children to be problem solvers.
- Foster creativity, kindness, and compassion.
- Establish and maintain high expectations that meet all student needs.
- Prepare students to live in and contribute to a dynamic world.
About Bannockburn ES
Bannockburn Elementary School is located in Bethesda, Maryland, a suburb of Washington, D.C. Bannockburn serves 450 students from Kindergarten to fifth grade and is part of the Whitman Cluster.
The elementary schools in the Whitman Cluster include Bradley Hills, Burning Tree,Carderock Springs and Wood Acres. The middle school in the Whitman Cluster is Thomas Pyle and Walt Whitman is the high school.
represent a diverse population with an enrollment of 450
students in Kindergarten through Fifth grade.
The students come to us from many countries around the world. The ESOL Program
(English Speakers of Other Languages) includes students speaking in many different
languages with a variety of ability levels and backgrounds. This diversity
provides the school with a rich cultural heritage.
Office Phone Numbers
- Main Office 240-740-1270
- FAX 301-320-6559
8:30 Main office opens
9:10 Students may enter the building
9:25 School Starts
11:45-12:15 Kindergarten & 4th grade lunch
12:15-12:50 Kindergarten & 4th grade recess
12:20-12:50 1st and 3rd grade lunch
12:50-1:25 1st and 3rd grade recess
12:55-1:25 2nd and 5th grade lunch
1:25-2:00 2nd and 5th grade recess
3:50-4:10 Dismissal: Kindergarten walkers, BarT, Walkers,
Bus Riders as busses arrive at school
4:30 Front office closed
Policies and Procedures
- Discipline Policy
- Parent Handbook
- What You Should Know About Riding the Bus
- School Crisis Plan Letter
- Drop Off and Pick Up Procedures