Student Service Learning Hours
Baker Middle School Student Service Learning (SSL)
Give a Little Time, Make a Big Difference
Students and parents can view their current SSL status details in Student/ParentVUE! Updated step-by-step directions are available at the following link: https://bit.ly/SSLonVUE (Links to an external site.).
Stay tuned late summer or early in the school year for information from our new SSL coordinator. In the meantime, if you have any questions about SSL in MCPS visit the MCPS SSL webpage (Links to an external site.) or email the central office SSL unit at email@example.com. Have a great summer of service!
Check out the opportunities linked here.
Montgomery County Volunteer Center: http://www.montgomeryserves.org/volunteers/student-service-learning-ssl
indicates MCPS SSL approved
SSL: Enhances Academic Learning
- All SSL activities must be documented on MCPS Form 560-51, Student Service Learning Activity Verification and turned in to the school SSL coordinator according to timelines.
- Students should keep copies of all SSL documents that they turn into the school or community representatives.
- Organizations and opportunities not listed at www.mcpsssl.org must be pre approved using MCPS Form 560-50, Request for SSL Preapproval.
- Students may address hunger and homelessness in Montgomery County by preparing bag lunches and dinners in their homes for delivery to homeless facilities. This is an exception to the guideline that all service must occur in a public place. Check out the details at the Questions and Answers section at Student Service Learning.
- Stay aware of ways to become involved in the Montgomery County Community Service Day this month.
Superintendent's Student Service Learning Award
All students who meet the 75 hour student service graduation requirement by the first Friday in April of a middle school year will receive a Superintendent's Student Service (SSL) Learning Award. Students will receive a certificate from Montgomery County Public Schools’ superintendent. It is only awarded once.