Mrs. Randi Vogel
Welcome to the 2017 - 2018 School Year!
As we begin the new school year, I want to say hello to all the returning Westbrook parents, as well as to the new parents who have just joined us. I have the wonderful opportunity to work with your children as the school counselor here at Westbrook.
The Westbrook Community knows me as “Mrs. Pickle”. I adopted this name many years ago after hearing the analogy: Life is like a pickle-sometimes sweet, sometimes sour, and sometimes in-between! The students (and parents for that matter), sometimes don’t realize that Mrs. Pickle isn’t my real name. Just for the record, my “real” name is Randi Vogel. I incorporate the “pickle” theme in many ways throughout my program.
My role as school counselor involves quite a variety of things. It is truly a wonderful, action packed job…and I love it!
Some of the things I do at Westbrook include:
• Conduct classroom guidance lessons based on the MCPS Guidance competencies
• Individual counseling
• Small group counseling on a variety of topics
• Sit in on parent conferences
• Act as a liaison between the school and the community
• Consult with teachers and parents
• Act as a mediator when students have conflicts that need resolving
• Work with school and community members to carry out our Community of Caring –character education initiative, which includes many service learning projects throughout the year.
I welcome the opportunity to get to know all of our Westbrook parents. Please call me with any questions, or if I can be of assistance to you in any way!
Randi Vogel/Mrs. Pickle