Community of Caring Value of the Month: Caring
February’s Community of Caring Value of the Month is the value of CARING. We emphasize with the students that the basic qualities of caring include:
- Help and comfort those in need.
- Be kind and considerate to all.
- Thank those who do a kindness.
- Forgive those who are mean or thoughtless.
- Give to others in time and money-charity- to make their life better.
As parents we need to find ways in the community and beyond to demonstrate and involve our children in reaching out to others and showing our appreciation to those that help us. It is also important to discuss with our children how to show caring without having to purchase things. The idea of spending time doing a community project has far more benefit than simply giving money and not putting forth the effort/time.
Thank you so much for being such an integral part of our Westbrook Community of Caring.