Return to the Parent Handbook Page.
In the interests of health and wellness, our student birthday celebration policy is as follows:
- Birthdays will not be celebrated with food items brought into the classroom or cafeteria during lunch time.
- Student birthdays will be recognized during our morning announcements.
- Birthdays falling on weekend or holiday dates will be announced the last day before the weekend or holiday.
- Summer birthdays are announced over a period of days at the end of the school year.
- Birthday students may select a pencil from the office's supply of birthday pencils.
- Teachers will recognize birthdays in classrooms.
- Teachers may choose to honor birthdays with free homework passes, or by allowing children to have a special privilege for the day, but these practices will vary depending on the classroom.