About Our School
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Program
Code of Conduct - Policies and Regulations
The "Big 10" Discipline Code
The mission of Watkins Mill High School is to provide a wide range of academic, career and technical, extracurricular, counseling, and social opportunities to its diverse student population in a safe and nurturing environment. Rigorous curriculum, differentiated instruction, and effective team and community partnerships will allow our students to become confident problem solvers and compassionate, enlightened citizens in a global society. Within a cohesive environment and caring school community, our students will respect who they are and take ownership for what they do and what they learn.
Ms. Carol Goddard
Mr. Ryan Graves
Oversees the Freshman Class
Ms. Jennifer Bado-Aleman
Oversees Sophomore Class
Mrs. Rhoshanda Pyles
Oversees Junior Class
Mr. Duncan (Eric) Jackson
Oversees Senior Class
Ms. Julia (Julie) Broyles
STUDENT SUPPORT/ADMIN-COUNSELING TEAMS
How to Report Bullying
Bullying-Harassment Reporting Form
The MCPS attendance policy remains in place in place for all high school students in Montgomery County Public Schools. Students accumulating more than 5 unexcused absences will automatically risk failing the class unless an appeal is submitted and/or an intervention plan is successfully implemented.
Absence Notification (for reporting absences, early dismissals or late arrivals)
Long Term Absence Form
Appeal of Attendance Recording
(Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Powerpoint required)
Inclement Weather Updates
Announcements of school closings or delays are made as early as possible, generally in time for news broadcasts that begin at 5 a.m. If schools are closing early, the announcements are made by 11 a.m.
There are several ways to get the latest information on closings.
- MCPS QuickNotes e-mail news service will send emergency information to subscribers. To sign up visit www.mcpsquicknotes.org
- MCPS home page http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org will display emergency announcements.
- ASK MCPS Telephone Information Center at 301-309-6277 has English- and Spanish-speaking operators available from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- MCPS information line, 301-279-3673, has recorded information 24 hours a day.
- MCPS Cable channel 34 and local radio and TV stations will broadcast the information
- MCPS will Twitter at http://twitter.com/mcps.