7:45 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Business office Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Communicating with the school
administration, parents should first address instructional concerns with the
classroom teacher and resource teacher (RT). If you need to contact the
administration or RT, please refer to the academic department directory.
Listed below are some of the more frequently requested phone numbers.
Counseling Services Office
Transportation - Dispatch
Full Staff Directory:
useful web sites include:
or @springbrook_hs (twitter feed);
@brooksports (athletics site/twitter feed); and
We believe that school achievement starts with regular school attendance, so students are expected to on time and in class every day
- The attendance secretary
is now in the main office. .
who are absent must submit a note from a parent/guardian within three days of
their return to school.
- The complete attendance policy is available in the Students Rights and Responsibilities Handbook.
- Student Rights and Responsibilities
Personal Electronic Devices
Please encourage your student to use these items responsibly.
devices must be turned off and out of sight during classroom instructional time unless otherwise instructed by the
- If they are displayed or in
use during classroom instructional time, they may be confiscated.
- Students may retrieve confiscated items at
the end of the school day or parent may be required to come to school
to retrieve items.
- SHS will not assume any
responsibility for these items if they are lost or stolen.
Dress Code Requirements
In order to establish a business-like atmosphere and
prevent the possible disruption to educational activities, SHS has established
the following guidelines:
- Shoes must be
worn at all times.
- Emblems or items
of clothing which may cause offense may not be worn.
- Clothing that
depicts or advocates the use of drugs, tobacco, alcohol, or weapons may not be
- Tank tops, crop
tops, exposed midriffs, or visible undergarments are not permitted.
- Head gear (hats,
bandannas, hoods, sunglasses, etc.) may not be worn once a student has entered
the building. Head scarves are permitted to be worn by female students only.
- All students will receive an
agenda book during the first week of school free of charge which gives detailed
information about school policies and procedures.
- If lost, replacement agenda books are
available for purchase from the Financial Office at a cost of $5.00.
Parents are requested to not call the school about emergency closing information.
- Please be aware
that MCPS occasionally has late openings or early dismissals due to inclement
weather or unusual emergencies.
- These weather related decisions are made by the
MCPS Central Office and not by SHS.
- When school emergencies occur, the
information is broadcast over local radio and television stations, as well as
the MCPS website, within minutes of any decisions being made.
- Locker assignments will be given on the
second day of school to students who return the emergency information form.
- Lockers at SHS have built-in combinations; therefore, students need not provide
their own locks.
- Anything found in the locker belongs to the student to whom
the locker was assigned.
- If students choose to bring
personal electronic devices or other valuables to school they assume full
responsibility for these items.
- In addition, students are solely responsible
for securing their belongings in a safe place.
The school is not responsible for lost or stolen electronic devices. We
prohibit students from sharing lockers with anyone else.
- SHS has a one lunch program designed to allow students to obtain additional
help from their teachers.
- The lunch period is a “closed” lunch program,
therefore, students must remain on campus.
- Students can not order food to be delivered
- Parking permits will be available the first
week of school.
- Any student who does not
have a financial obligation may pick up a parking application in the Main
Office or in the Security Office.
- Completed applications must be accompanied by cash or a check for $75.00
and returned to the Security Office.
Please make checks payable to Springbrook High School.
- Vehicles without current parking permits can
expect to be towed.
- Student drivers who
develop a pattern of tardiness or other problems may have their parking permit
Student Service Learning Hours (SSL)