Summer Savings on 2016 Yearbook [starts July 5th]
Who wants to save $30? We all do. Starting July 5th, Jostens and the staff of the yearbook are pleased to announce special summer pricing on the 2016 yearbook! How does $45 sound? That’s right. You can reserve your own copy of the all-color 2016 yearbook for only $45. That’s $30 less than the price of the book if you wait until May or June. Beginning July 5, you may reserve your copy at this special price by going to www.jostensyearbooks.com. This is only for a limited time so act fast and spread the word to other families about this special offer.
Questions? Email the yearbook adviser, Tim Hibberd at email@example.com.
College Readiness Summer Workshops
The following camps are sponsored by Springbrook High School College/Career Center. All workshops are FREE. Parents and Guardians are welcome to participate in all workshops.
- June 17, 2015 --Interview/Resume Workshop 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.Target Audience: All grades. Learn interview skills and how to create a resume.
- July 7, 2015 --ASVAB Test 8:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. Free Career Test – If you are unsure of what you want to do after high school. Target Audience 10th, 11th and 12th graders
- July 8, 2015 --College Essay Writing Workshop 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Target Audience: Grades 11 & 12 Students will get a jump start on essay writing for college and scholarship applications.
- July 16, 2015 --College Search/Admissions Process/Financial Aid Planning Workshop 8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m. Target Audience: Grades 11 & 12 Students will learn how to identify colleges that are a good fit by researching college requirements, application and scholarship deadlines and also learn about scholarships, grants, loans and deadlines.
- July 22, 2015 -- ASVAB Feedback 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Students will receive scores and feedback from free career test.
- August 4, 2015 -- Common Application/Naviance Workshop 8:30 a.m. -- 11:00 a.m. Target Audience: Grade 12 ONLY What is the common application; how do you complete it; and, how do you submit it to your colleges/universities? How does Naviance work with the Common App?
encouraged to sign up in the College/Career Center or send an email to: Tammy_R_Patterson@mcpsmd.org
Springbrook High School Freshman Summer Camp
Get a jump start on high school, meet teachers, make new friends and learn about some of our course offerings!
Ninth grade can set the tone for a successful high school career. For some students it can be a hard transition from middle school. Every year, Springbrook High School offers a one week transition program called the Freshman Summer Camp. We use this camp to help allay the fears and preconceptions of incoming 9th grade students by making sure that students have both a positive academic as well as social experience in a small setting. Students take four courses each day. One course, High School 101, offers a chance to get student questions answered, learn their way around the building, and develop a relationship with a 9th grade teacher. Our three other courses come from our variety of school programs including Art, Culinary and Science/Technology. Please consider enrolling your incoming Springbrook Blue Devil in our camp this summer!
Contact John Weinshel with questions: John_R_Weinshel@mcpsmd.org
Summer Institute -
Instrumental Music and Jazz Camp
The Summer Institute Instrumental Music and Jazz Camp at Springbrook High School is a one-week, intensive, course of
study in the areas of instrumental music development and jazz performance taught by some of the area’s most talented
jazz musicians. The camp workshops are designed to build fundamental concepts in performance techniques, jazz
improvisation, music theory and history. All music students grades 6-12 and all instrument types and musical abilities
are encouraged to register and attend.
The program will be held Monday, June 22, 2015 through Friday, June 26, 2015 from 8:00am-2:30pm in room D-108 at
Springbrook High School. Each day of Jazz Camp, students should bring their instrument, a light snack, and a bag lunch.
On the final day of Jazz Camp, the students and instructors will perform a concert together showcasing to friends
and family the new skills they developed during the week. This amazing concert will be held on Friday, June 26, 2015 at
3:00 pm in the Springbrook High School Auditorium and admission is free. Please click here for the flyer for more information and to register. Questions? Contact Mr. Wyman Jones, Band Director
This page is maintained by Springbrook High School's Web Team