GUIDANCE : 240-406-1313
Alyson Hyman - Resource Counselor / 7th Grade Counselor
Kellie Graham - 8th Grade Counselor
Ellen Berman - 6th Grade Counselor
Leslie Lopez - Counseling Secretary / Registrar
Please call 240-406-1313 for an appointment to register your child.
New Student Information, 560-24
Student Emergency Information, 565-1
Shared Housing, 335-75
Health Inventory, SRS-6
Free and Reduced Lunch, 240-30
Change of School Assignment, 335-45
The Counseling Program at Ridgeview Middle School focuses on student development in three major areas:
- academic achievement,
- career and educational decision-making,
- and making personal and social growth.
- Collaborate with teachers to choose strategic interventions for students.
- Identify programs available to students and the requirements for participation in these programs.
- Help students adjust to middle school and plan their classes and schedule.
Career and Educational Development
- Develop a 4 year plan for high school.
- Conduct Career Day.
- College visits opportunities.
- Assess student aptitudes and interests; explore career options.
Personal and Social Development
- Students will acquire an understanding of, and respect for, self and other, and the skills to be responsible citizens.
- Conflict and Resolution and Anti-Bullying lessons.
- Help with conflict management and interpersonal relationships.
The Counseling Department supports Ridgeview Middle School’s academic program by providing guidance to students in their academic, career, and personal and social development. School counselors collaborate with parents, teachers, administrators and others to promote learning and help students establish and achieve their education, career, and personal goals. School counselors provide leadership to ensure that students benefit from effective strategies and services aligned with Montgomery County Public Schools.
Counselors deliver the program in a variety of ways. Responsive counseling services are provided in individual and group settings when students need help in any of the three areas of emphasis. The student, parent, or member of staff who sees the need for a particular issue to be addressed may initiate these services.
Counselors support the overall program by designing and coordinating activities necessary for the effective implementation of the school’s counseling program. Each counselor participates on interdisciplinary teams to help determine academic placement, strategic academic interventions and initiation of special services.
Mental Health Resources
MORE THAN JUST "THE BLUES" Mental Health Resources for Montgomery County Residents