We believe that all students will excel at high levels when there is a partnership and relationship between students, staff, and parents. As a community of learners, we take pride in helping to develop the intellectual, ethical, physical, social, and emotional growth of each student. We ensure equity for all students so they may receive the individual support they need to reach and exceed our standards and expectations. Our goal is for all students to access advanced-level curriculum and course work to prepare them for what it takes to be college and career ready.
Mission & Core Values
We provide a quality educational experience that enables students to become lifelong learners, caring human beings, and responsible citizens.
That a quality school:
- Values diversity and reflects that belief in its culture.
- Places a high emphasis on student achievement with purposeful learning.
- Emphasizes creativity and problem solving through collaboration.
That effective teachers:
- Create and maintain a positive learning environment.
- Engage every student in the learning process so that maximum achievement occurs.
- Value the individuality of each student with the conviction that all children can learn.
That successful students:
- Demonstrate honesty, respect, and responsibility at all times.
- Approach tasks with persistence and confidence.
- Have a positive self-concept and set goals for academic growth.
That supportive parents and community:
- Communicate regularly with teachers and encourage all parents to participate in school activities.
- Ensure that every child has a place to study and completes school work on time.
- Support the school efforts toward high student achievement.
School Improvement Plan
School Improvement Plan (PDF version)
18909 Kingsview Road, Germantown, MD. 20874
Main Office: 301-601-4611
Counseling Office: 301-601-4607