Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2016-17 LTI application is available for download via this link. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|Students competing in challenge events during LTI retreat (Thursday, March 23rd through Friday, March 24th).
|LTI Parent Meeting (JFK Media Center)
||Wednesday, April 5th, 7-8:00 p.m.
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
|Special SSL opportunities are offered to former students of Argyle Middle School
||Contact Mr. Edgar at Argyle at 301-460-2400 for more information.
Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School is seeking tutors for math & foreign language subjects
||Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 3:15-4:30 p.m.
11800 Monticello Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
|Kennedy Cluster Family Markets (monthly)
||Family Market dates are available on the JFK calendar.
Contact Ms. Lewis for more information or to sign up.
Congratulations to our leaders for the month of March!
- 9th Grade: Rocio Orellana
- 10th Grade: Laura Ocampo
- 11th Grade: Melanie Komolafe
- 12th Grade: Jeniffer Pineda
And congratulations as well to our straight-A students for the second marking period!
- 9th Grade: Brook Fikre, Daphne Ranti
- 10th Grade: Charleen Anani, Kelsey Folley, Rony Garcia-Vivas, Dina Negash, Samrat Pathak, Safiya Suliman, Alan Zhang
- 11th Grade: Clark Abbott, Andrea Chiarelli, Andrea Deyto, Vanessa Lin, Mahelet Mesfin, Johaness Osorio
- 12th Grade: Yesenia Henriquez-Zepada, Delmy Perez, Jennifer Pineda, Amari Smith, Kulthum Traore
Great job upholding the 4 pillars!
Special congratulations to the following students for their extraordinary accomplishments:
- LTI sophomore Jessica Harris along with juniors Taylor Johnson, Claire Awtrey, Lauryn Brock, Andrea Chiarelli, Aranzasu Gasca, Meron Gebre Egziabher, Isabella Hinrichs, Cyrill Maceda, Melany Moran, Christopher Nunez, Jaycee Polanco, Mohamed Suliman, Abbie Talmoud, Andy Tran, and Dorian Whisenton will all be working in conjunction with the Audobon Naturalist Society in a Testing the Waters program. These students are learning about environmental education which will culminate with them teaching skills to fourth graders at Glenallan Elementary School.
- LTI junior Abbie Talmoud participated in the Youth Voices for Diversity Summit at Northwestern High School in Hyattsville, MD.
- Tuesday, April 4th: Wear your LTI t-shirts
- Tuesday, April 18th: Wear your LTI t-shirts
- Tuesday, April 25th: Dress for Success