Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
MEET EVAN, LTI/IB DIPLOMA STUDENT
MEET CLAIRE, LTI STUDENT
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- LTI is founded on the pillars of participation, academics, community service, and ethics.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2017-18 LTI application is available for download the 2017 LTI Application Packet. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|JFK LTI PAWposal!
||Thursday, May 17, 2018, from 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Location: In the cafeteria
Cost: $15.00 per person
Dinner catered by Moby Dick House of Kabob; tickets may be purchased through Tuesday, May 15th.
No tickets will be sold at the door.
|Spring Carnival, hosted by LTI freshmen, to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project
||RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER—NOTE NEW DATE:
Saturday, June 9, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: On the track
Cost: Ages 4 and under: free
Ages 5-13: $3.00
Ages 14 and up: $5.00
Veterans and current military: free
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
||Saturday, May 12th
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the JFK cafeteria
|Spring Carnival set-up
||Saturday, May 19, 2018, from 8-11:00 a.m. | On the track
|LTI Banquet set-up
||Thursday, May 17, 2018, from 4-4:45 p.m. | In the cafeteria
|JFK Athletes Progress Through Tutoring (after school tutoring of student athletes) – JUNIORS & SENIORS ONLY
||Contact: Mr. Kevin Joseph, room 255
Mondays through Wednesdays, December 11 through May 23
|Volunteers needed to assist with Saturday School
||Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
See Mr. Frempong for more details
Congratulations to our leaders of the month for April!
- 9th Grade: Jacqueline Oviedo and Francesca Gasasira
- 10th Grade: Olivia Kreutzer and Future Tonya
- 11th Grade: Samrat Pathak
- 12th Grade: Gabrielle Mongelos
Did you know?
Junior Jessica Harris will be taking part in the University of Maryland Young Terps Scholars Program!
Junior Safiya Suliman will be participating in Quest Bridge, a non-profit residential summer program that links students with college academic and personal support as well as scholarship opportunities!
Special academic honors
Congratulations to the following students who earned a 4.0 for the third quarter!
- 9th Grade: Francesca Gasasira, Asia Nuchurch, Emmanuela Obia-Amauwa, Feven Shonga, Djenebou Traore, Maria Youssef, Tina Zhang
- 10th Grade: Brook Fikre, Fatmata Jalloh, Daphne Ranti, Danica Tchamologne
- 11th Grade: Kelsey Folley, Rony Garcia-Vivas, Christopher Herrera, Samrat Pathak, KC Nicole Reyes, Safiya Suliman, Natalie Vasconez, Alan Zhang
- 12th Grade: Charleen Anani, Claire Awtrey, Andrea Deyto, Isabella Hinrichs
- May 1st: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 8th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 15th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 22nd: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 29th: Wear your LTI t-shirt