Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
MEET EVAN, LTI/IB DIPLOMA STUDENT
MEET CLAIRE, LTI STUDENT
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2016-17 LTI application is available for download via this link. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|Andy Tran and Melany Moran working with fourth grade students from Glenallan Elementary School during the Stream Study.
|LTI Banquet (JFK Cafeteria)
||Thursday, May 18th, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Cost: $15 per person
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
|Volunteers needed for the PTSA Car Wash
||Sunday, May 7th and Saturday, May 13th
Wheaton Volunteer Rescue Squad
2400 Arcola Avenue, Silver Spring, MD 20902
|LTI hours are available for volunteering at the JFK Cavalier Community Concert
||Friday, May 12th, 5-7:00 p.m.
JFK bus loop
|Special SSL opportunities are offered to former students of Argyle Middle School
||Contact Mr. Edgar at Argyle at 301-460-2400 for more information.
Col. E. Brooke Lee Middle School is seeking tutors for math & foreign language subjects
||Tuesdays and Wednesdays, from 3:15-4:30 p.m.
11800 Monticello Avenue, Silver Spring, MD
|Kennedy Cluster Family Markets (monthly)
||Family Market dates are available on the JFK calendar.
Contact Ms. Lewis for more information or to sign up.
Congratulations to our leaders for the month of April!
- 9th Grade: Awad Tambal and Meher Hemnani
- 10th Grade: Joshua Perez
- 11th Grade: Gabrielle Mongelos
- 12th Grade: Kulthum Traore
And congratulations as well to our straight-A students for the third marking period!
- 9th Grade: Meher Hemnani, Brook Fikre, Daphne Ranti
- 10th Grade: Alan Zhang, Safiya Suliman, Kelsey Folley
- 11th Grade: Clark Abbott, Andrea Chiarelli, Andrea Deyto, Jonathan Ly, Isabella Hinrichs
- 12th Grade: Kulthum Traore, Yesenia Henriquez Zepeda, Delmy Perez, Jennifer Pineda, Amari Smith, Sally Morales
Great job upholding the 4 pillars!
Special congratulations to the following students for their extraordinary accomplishments:
- Senior Amari Smith was recognized with the African American Community Leader Award by the Montgomery County Alliance of Black School Educators.
- Senior Antonieta Huamani will be spending a week in Peru volunteering at a hospital.
- Tuesday, May 2nd: Wear your LTI t-shirts
- Tuesday, May 9th: Dress for Success
- Tuesday, May 16th: Wear your LTI t-shirts
- Tuesday, May 23rd: Dress for Success
- Tuesday, May 30th: Wear your LTI t-shirts