Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
MEET EVAN, LTI/IB DIPLOMA STUDENT
MEET CLAIRE, LTI STUDENT
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2017-18 LTI application is available for download the 2017 LTI Application Packet. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|LTI students spreading positive energy as Ambassadors of Gratitude
|LTI Fundraiser at Jersey Mike’s
* Be sure to present this flyer at time of purchase.
|Tuesday, September 19th through Thursday, September 21st
Wheaton Mall location: 2800 University Boulevard, Suite D (across parking lot from Giant)
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
|Volunteers needed to assist with Saturday School
||Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
See Mr. Frempong for more details
- October 3rd: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- October 10th: Dress for Success
- October 17th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- October 24th: Dress for Success