Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
MEET EVAN, LTI/IB DIPLOMA STUDENT
MEET CLAIRE, LTI STUDENT
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- LTI is founded on the pillars of participation, academics, community service, and ethics.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2017-18 LTI application is available for download the 2017 LTI Application Packet. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|LTI freshmen engaged in courageous conversations with a senior citizen volunteer from Beloved Community of Asbury about dealing with injustice and resiliency
||Thursday, April 12th through Friday, April 14th
Permission forms available in LTI office
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
|Attend a community forum on substance abuse, “Save a Life Montgomery”
||Thursday, February 22nd
6-8:00 p.m. in the JFK auditorium
||Saturday, February 24th
7:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. in the JFK cafeteria
|JFK Athletes Progress Through Tutoring (after school tutoring of student athletes) – JUNIORS & SENIORS ONLY
||Contact: Mr. Kevin Joseph, room 255
Mondays through Wednesdays, December 11 through May 23
|Volunteers needed to assist with Saturday School
||Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
See Mr. Frempong for more details
Congratulations to our leaders of the month for December!
- 9th Grade: Magnus Redding
- 10th Grade: Yanelee Felicien
- 11th Grade: KC Nicole Reyes and Cristian Sotelo
- 12th Grade: Aranzasu Gasca
Special academic honors
Congratulations to the following students who earned a 4.0 for the second quarter!
- 9th Grade: Francesca Gasasira, Asia Nuchurch, Emmanuela Obia-Amauwa, Feven Shonga, Djenebou Traore, Maria Youssef, Tina Zhang
- 10th Grade: Brook Fikre, Fatmata Jalloh, Daphne Ranti, Danica Tchamologne
- 11th Grade: Kelsey Folley, Rony Garcia-Vivas, Christopher Herrera, Samrat Pathak, KC Nicole Reyes, Safiya Suliman, Natalie Vasconez, Alan Zhang
- 12th Grade: Charleen Anani, Claire Awtrey, Andrea Deyto, Isabella Hinrichs
- February 6th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- February 13th: Dress for Success
- February 20th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- February 27rd: Dress for Success