Leadership Training Institute (LTI) Program
MEET EVAN, LTI/IB DIPLOMA STUDENT
MEET CLAIRE, LTI STUDENT
John F. Kennedy High School’s signature program empowers students through rigorous interdisciplinary experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
Leadership Training Institute students will become civic-minded, self-reliant, service driven young adults.
The Leadership Training Institute will empower students through a rigorous interdisciplinary education emphasizing experiential learning, community service projects, and leadership theory and application.
- LTI is founded on the pillars of participation, academics, community service, and ethics.
- Leadership is a process, and the ability to lead effectively can be found in every person.
- Curricula will be challenging, innovative, and inspiring.
- Partnerships with school, community, business, and parents will support academic excellence.
- Personal development will be nurtured and supported.
The Leadership Training Institute is open by application to all Downcounty Consortium students.
We are looking for curious independent thinkers who are excited by opportunities to learn, explore, and consistently meet challenges. There is a need for good leadership in every profession and every segment of society and we believe that each individual has the potential to be a leader.
The application process includes a self-evaluation and a written essay. Students also submit teacher and personal recommendations and counselors report student grades. An admissions committee of teachers and staff review each application for consideration and final selection.
The 2017-18 LTI application is available for download the 2017 LTI Application Packet. To learn more about the IB LTI pathway, visit the click here.
|Tribute to Ms. Adams, presented by Bami Odubayo and the LTI 9th grade during the LTI banquet.
|Spring Carnival, hosted by LTI freshmen, to raise money for the Wounded Warrior Project. Download a flyer to share!
||RESCHEDULED DUE TO WEATHER—NOTE NEW DATE:
Saturday, June 9, 2018, from 11:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Location: On the track
Cost: Ages 4 and under: free
Ages 5-13: $3.00
Ages 14 and up: $5.00
Veterans and current military: free
|Student Service Learning Opportunities
|Spring Carnival set-up
||Saturday, May 19, 2018, from 8-11:00 a.m. | On the track
|Volunteers needed to assist with Saturday School
||Saturdays 8:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
See Mr. Frempong for more details
|CONGRATULATIONS TO THE FOLLOWING AWARD RECIPIENTS FROM THE LTI BANQUET!
|LEADERS OF THE YEAR
|STUDENT OF THE YEAR
|SHANNON ORTEGA MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP:
In special acknowledgement, the following LTI students are newly inducted members of the National Honor Society (NHS):
Sophia Averion, Julia Bravo, Anna Brobbey-Mensah, Camryn Carnegie-McCloud, Faith Cooper, Yanelee Felicien, Brook Fikre, Meher Hemnani, Christopher Herrera, Fatmata Jalloh, Bersabeh Kifle, Xuleyka Ogiata, Daphne Ranti, Awad Tambal, Danica Tchamologne, KC Nicole Reyes, and Natalie Vasconez.
They will be welcomed by returning NHS members Truman Becker, Kelsey Folley, Rony Garcia-Vivas, Samrat Pathak, Safiya Suliman, and Alan Zhang.
Special academic honors
Congratulations to the following students who earned a 4.0 for the third quarter!
- 9th Grade: Francesca Gasasira, Asia Nuchurch, Emmanuela Obia-Amauwa, Feven Shonga, Djenebou Traore, Maria Youssef, Tina Zhang
- 10th Grade: Brook Fikre, Fatmata Jalloh, Daphne Ranti, Danica Tchamologne
- 11th Grade: Kelsey Folley, Rony Garcia-Vivas, Christopher Herrera, Samrat Pathak, KC Nicole Reyes, Safiya Suliman, Natalie Vasconez, Alan Zhang
- 12th Grade: Charleen Anani, Claire Awtrey, Andrea Deyto, Isabella Hinrichs
- May 1st: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 8th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 15th: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 22nd: Wear your LTI t-shirt
- May 29th: Wear your LTI t-shirt