Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Mongomery County Public Schools and non-profit, community based service providers.
The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home and community. Prevention and early intervention services include health, mental health, social services and educational support.
The Mission to improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that interfere with the acedemic success of a child.
Mental Health Therapist
Linkages to Learning Services
- Supporting students' adjustment to school
- Counseling individuals, families, and groups
- Providing preventive health care and health education
- Providing workshops and classes on issues of parenting, nutrition, and acculturation
- Assisting with food, utility, housing, clothing, etc.
- Assisting with applications for financial and medical assistance
- Planning community outreach and prevention programs
- Empowering parents to access the "service system" on their own
Linkage's Main Web Page