The mission of Thomas Edison High School of Technology is to provide students with the academic, technological, and interpersonal skills needed to achieve excellence in their chosen careers and to serve as the foundation for their continuing education.
To learn more about what Edison has to offer, see our program descriptions below. Also, click on the following link to learn more about Maryland CTE Programs of Study. Explore how Certifications and Licensures offered in MCPS, and at Edison, can translate into future career opportunities:
The Automotive Technologies Pathways program promotes and encourages the interests of career education related to the automotive industry by actively engaging students in hands-on instruction and providing training for skilled positions in the industry.
Courses included in the cluster:
- Foundations of Automotive Technology
- Auto Body Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology & Dealership Training
The Construction Technology Pathways program promotes and encourages the interests of career education related to the construction industry by actively engaging students in residential design and the Young American house building project.
Courses included in the cluster are:
- Foundations of Building Construction Technology (FBCT); Instructor: Christopher Haddad
- Carpentry; Instructor: Donald Wheatley
- Construction Electricity; Instructor: Paul DelMarr
- Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning (HVAC); Instructor: Ronaldo Ramirez Para-Educator: Troy Lancaster
- Masonry; Instructor: Tom Maley
- Plumbing; Instructor: Stanley Holcomb
- Principals of Architecture & CAD Technology; Instructor: Tuan Pham
- The Academy of Hospitality and Tourism; Instructor: Jason Potyk
- Cosmetology & Nail Technology; Instructors: Tonga Quan and Brenda B. Lopez Para-Educator: Christine Hill-Byrne
- The Academy of Health Professions
- Professional Restaurant Management/Culinary Arts; Instructor: Teresa Marie Smith
- Graphic Design; Instructor: Carol King-Bolden
- Network Operations; Instructor: Jesse McGee