About our School → Absence Policy
Parents: Please note our absence regulation
Changes in Recording Attendance Effective July 1, 2007
The following changes in recording attndance in Montgomery County Public Schools are being implemented in accordance with the Maryland Student Records System Manual revised effective July 1, 2007, by the Maryland State Department of Education.
- Students will be recorded as a.m. absent, if they arrive at school more than two hours late.
- Students will be recorded as p.m. absent, if they leave school more than two hours early.
- Students will be recorded as either a.m. absent or p.m. absent, if they are absent from school for more than two hours but less than four hours during the school day.
- Students will be recorded as full-day absent, if they are present for less than two hours of the school day.
- Students will be recorded as full-day present, if they are present for more than four hours of the school day.
- The state of Maryland requires us to "code" absences for each student. For this reason it is IMPERATIVE that you write a note providing the reason for the absence EACH time your child returns to school following an absence. You are still expected to call the school in the morning if your child is going to be absent. Our phone number is 301-840-7167.
Thank you for your cooperation with this new state requirement.