Senior Class Information
As information for the Senior class arrives, it will be posted here. Check back often as the year progresses for additional information.
Mrs. Sophia Anderson-McMaster
Ms. Anita O'Neil
Senior Parent Meetings
The Senior Parent meeting held in the spring is mandatory because it outlines important information all students and parents should know in order to prepare for graduation.
Parent meetings will be held on:
Important Dates to Note
- February 6, 2018 - Lunch -- Cap and Gown payments can be made (cash and check) outside of A200
- February 13, 2018 - Lunch -- Cap and Gown payments can be made (cash and check) outside of A200
- February 15, 2018 - Parent Meeting - Amphitheater | Cap and Gown payments can be made (cash and check) outside of the cafeteria
- February 23, 2018 - LAST DAY to pay for caps and gowns in person AND online!
- April 12, 2018 - Senior Banquet - Ten Oaks Ballroom
- April 19, 2018 - Senior Parent Meeting in Auditorium (mandatory)
- May 18, 2018 - Prom - University of Maryland Riggs Alumni Center
- May 25, 2018 - Senior Clearance and Cap & Gown Distribution
- June 6, 2018 - Mandatory Graduation Rehearsal - Main Gym
- June 7, 2018 - GRADUATION - DAR Constitution Hall 2:00PM
Date: May 18, 2018, 8pm-12am
Location: Samuel Riggs IV alumni center @ University of Maryland College Park
Doors close at 9:30pm
Tickets: Tickets will be distributed on 5/11, 5/14-16
Leaving School Early To Get Ready For Prom?
Is your child attending Blake’s Prom? If so, beginning, Monday, May 14, through Thursday, May 17, we are asking parents to send a note requesting permission for your child to leave at lunch (get ready for prom) on May 18. This will allow students to be dismissed at the beginning of the lunch period, and notes will be entered excusing your son or daughter from afternoon classes.
Please Note: Your son or daughter MUST attend Period 1-4 classes in order to attend the prom.
Excused notes must contain the following:
- Student’s Name
- I.D. # & Grade
- Home, work or cell telephone number of a parent/guardian
- Indicate Reason: Prom
Again, only students with permission to leave to get ready for the prom will be excused.
Graduation- DVD Order Form
Graduation- Caps and Gowns
Each package will cost $45.00
The package includes: blue graduation gown, blue graduation cap, ‘18 tassel, and white Class of 2018 stole.
Stole and Tassel ONLY: $20.00 (For those wearing an older sibling’s cap and gown)
Includes: White Class of 2018 Stole and ‘18 Tassel
Stole and Tassel orders must be paid with cash or a check at school on May 25 during senior clearance.
Payment will be made through Blake High School. Payment is due by February 23, 2018.
- Blake Website. Go to “Online Payments” and select “Cap and Gown Payment”
- Check - please include student id# and write cap/gown in memo section
Each student who will be graduating from James Hubert Blake High School will be receiving four (4) graduation tickets.
Graduation- Additional Ticket Requests
Families may request up to eight (8) additional tickets for graduation, allowing for each graduate to have up to twelve (12) guests at graduation. To request additional tickets please submit a request online at https://tinyurl.com/BlakeGradTix2018
- DON'T stress about driving or parking on graduation day! Take a luxury, air-conditioned bus to/from Blake instead. The cost is $20 per person (this is not a fundraiser - but a break-even service the PTSA offers to help families)
- To reserve your seats, email email@example.com ASAP!
Last Updated: 4/11/2018