Seneca Valley Students Taking AP Classes 2019-20 School Year,
Beginning in the 2019-20 school year, the AP® Program is introducing new resources and processes designed to help students earn college credit and placement.
Here’s what students and families need to know:
- This year AP has moved exam registration to the fall.
- Students will need to register and pay for AP Exams by October 15, 2019 . AP Exams will still be given in May.
- The exam fee isn’t changing. However, there will be a $40 fee for late registration and a $40 cancellation or unused exam fee.
- Exam fees may be paid online or in person at the Seneca Valley financial office. Detailed payment information will be sent out next week.
- Students will get personalized feedback through new digital tools that provide daily support for every AP classroom. Their teachers will be able to track their performance throughout the year using monthly personal progress checks.
To get ready for the coming school year, please encourage your student to sign up for a College Board account. All College Board programs are connected through one account, so if your student created one for the PSAT/NMSQT®, SAT®, or College Board Opportunity Scholarships, they’re all set. They’ll just need to have their username and password available.
Learn more at parents.collegeboard.org.
Hear what students think about the changes coming to AP® in the 2019-20 school year.
Parents: learn about the new resources and processes coming to AP® in the 2019-20 school year.
SVHS students: If you’re taking AP® next year, make sure to set up your College Board account.
New AP® resources and processes are designed to help more students earn college credit and placement. Learn more. https://apcentral.collegeboard.org/pdf/ap-2019-students-parents-handout.pdf