National Honor Society
NHS Officers| Entry Requirements |Dues | Required Service Hours | Links |Forms/Flyers | NHS Tutoring
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school and middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character.
Entry Requirements for NHS
To be considered for entry into the National Honor Society, you must:
- Have a 3.5 unweighted GPA
- Have completed a minimum of 75 Student Service Learning Hours
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from teachers
- Submit a completed application packet
Required Service Hours for NHS
30 NHS Hours Required:
- 10 general volunteering hours per semester
- One CSP (Community Service Project) per semester
- Both service hours and dues are subject to change and voted on by the membership.
Students may not miss more than 2 consecutive meetings. Students are asked to sign the Honor Code Pledge. They are subject to all rules of the national organization
- See NHS Google Classroom site for forms