Burtonsville Beat (November 19, 2023)
November 19, 2023
Good evening, Burtonsville families!
Mark your November calendars…
- 20th - Early Release Day
- 21st - Early Release Day
- 22nd - Schools/Offices Closed
- 23rd - Thanksgiving, Schools/Offices Closed
- 24th - Schools/Offices Closed
- 28th - Picture Retake Day
Tuesday, November 28, 2023, is Picture Retake Day for new students, students who were absent on the original picture day, and any student whose parents are requesting a retake.
If you are interested in having your child(ren) retake their picture, the student should bring the original photo package, including the original envelope and all picture products, to turn in to the photographer when they come to sit for a new picture. They do not need to fill out a new order form.
Personal Body Safety Lessons - During the months of November and December, our school counselors will be presenting lessons on the topic of child abuse and neglect. A letter with more information about the lessons can be found here.
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to BES the week of December 11, 2023. The book fair will be open Monday, December 11th through Thursday, December 14th, during the school day and Friday, December 15th until 11:30. The book fair will also be open on Tuesday, December 12th, after school until 6:00 p.m. for families to shop. Please visit our book fair website, for more information. Directions for setting up an e-wallet can be found on the website. We will need volunteers to help the book fair run smoothly. If you are able to volunteer, the link can be found on our scholastic website and here: Volunteer Sign-Up Link
A Message from our PTA…
Explore our PTA Amazon Wishlist! Your purchases directly support the PTA, contributing to staff and student support, community events, beautification days, and more. Please take a moment to visit http://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/191TWIFS1NU29?type=wishlist to show your support for the amazing staff at BES.
We are looking for school event photos to be featured in the 2023-2024 yearbook. Please share your photos for the yearbook using the photo sharing link at: https://images.jostens.com/04vcaBJucKb-wfDXtKh-6Nw.
The Burtonsville Yearbook for 2023-2024 is now available for purchase! Ensure your copy by ordering online at https://shop.memorybook.com using the School Code: 165015M. (First-time users need to register on the site.) Buy the yearbook at the exclusive pre-sale price of $22 (plus a $0.99 service fee & tax) through March 1st. After March 1st, the price will increase to $25 (plus service fee & tax). Don't miss out on this special offer! Keep a look out for the flier for further details.
Need Labels for your students’ items? Please consider ordering from Mabel's Labels, where their fundraising program will give 20% of your purchase back to BES PTA! Please go to campaigns.mabelslabels.com and search for Burtonsville Elementary PTA.
- How to receive emergency information from MCPS - CLICK HERE
- Saturday School - Registration - The George B. Thomas Learning Academy Saturday School at Paint Branch is up and running with the premiere sixth day of in-person instruction for grades K through 12 and SAT prep at Paint Branch High School. Families can register students for tutoring support or enrichment guidance online at https://saturdayschool.org/ or in person during any Saturday session. The cost for the two semesters is $85.00 or $40.00 for families eligible for FARMS (Free and Reduced Meals). Course Flyers: English | Español | Francés | Fill-in Registration Form
Yours In Service,
Kimberly Lloyd, PrincipalTerry Gobourne, Assistant Principal