Welcome to Woodlin
Fri., Nov. 17: early release (half day).
Thanks, PTA, for a great Book Fair last week!
Students are getting lessons on personal safety this month. Below: Students wore red to show spirit for choosing a healthy lifestyle.
- Month of November, Daily: Pizza Hut Book IT Reading Challenge
- Month of November: Counselor Mrs. Dobres gives lessons to classes in personal safety
- Friday, November 17: Early Release at 12:50 (half-day of school)
- Sunday, November 19: Girls on the Run, 5K at Montgomery Mall. Contact Ms. Roseman with any questions.
- Thursday and Friday, November 23-24: No School for Thanksgiving Holiday
- Monday, November 20: Last Day to Donate to Puerto Rico; Supply Drive sponsored by Girls on the Run.
- Thursday, November 30: Last day to read for Pizza Hut Book IT Reading Challenge and have parents sign log sheets (due to Mrs. Cramer Friday, December 1)
- Tuesday, December 5: PTA Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- Last Day for Fall After School Clubs: Tues. Dec. 5 and Thurs. Dec. 7
- TESTING CALENDAR: Refer to calendar
Strathmore Music Center Field Trips for 2nd and 5th Grades:
Second graders and fifth graders will attend concerts at Strathmore Music Center in Rockville. View this "MCPS This Week" news video that includes information on these visits.
Pizza Hut Book IT Reading Challenge for the Month of November:
Sure, reading is fun and enriches your life, but if you would also like a little incentive, join our Pizza Hut Book IT Reading Challenge. Click on the link and download the log sheet to document reading; parents must sign off on it. Turn it in by December 1 to Mrs. Cramer at the Media Center and win a coupon for a free personal pan pizza. K-1 reads 28 times for 20 minutes each. Grades 2-3 students read 28 times for 20 minutes each. Grades 4-5 students read 35 times for 20 minute each.
Click Here for Parent Guide to Preparing for Parent-Teacher Conferences Click Here for explanation of expected Reading Targets for your child's grade.
Don't forget to click on "Classrooms" and then your child's grade to see if teachers have posted anything. Example: here's the link to Grade One.
You can find information on Student Council by clicking on Classrooms and then Student Council.
About Us Updates:
Don't forget to click on "About Us" tab and "Programs" to find information on programs that work closely with the classrooms, such as ESOL -- English for Speakers of Other Languages (click here.) Also, see; "Thank you, Ms. Jackson!"
Click on the "Newsletters" tab for updates such as "Woodlin Cares" and "New Grading System."
Traffic Patterns: If you drive for pick up or drop off, read this! Safety is our number one priority and we need everyone's support to ensure that all students are safe arriving and leaving school. If you have any questions, please contact the main office at 240-740-2820.
Lunch Information (English) (Spanish)
PTA President Letter
Bus Route Letter
- AM Bus Routes
- PM Bus Routes
SEE HALLOWEEN PARADE SLIDESHOW - SCROLL DOWN