Welcome to Woodlin
Vision: All Woodlin Elementary School students explore, learn, and succeed in a nurturing and encouraging environment.
Goal: We will work to ensure that ALL students have access to exceptional teaching and the support they need to demonstrate proficiency of grade level standards. We will also provide opportunities for acceleration and enrichment to ensure that we are adding value to all students.
Important January Dates
- January: Six Flags Read to Succeed Begins
- Monday, January 8: 9:00 a.m. All Classes Town Hall Meeting in Gym (Student-Staff event)
- Tuesday, January 9: Winter Clubs Begin
- Tuesday, January 9: PTA Meeting/Event at 6:30 pm: How to Talk to our Kids about Race and Racism. Guest Speakers: Beth Wheeler and Nicole Lee
- Monday, January 15: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day -- School is Closed
- Monday, January 15: Sign Up for Language Lessons Deadline (scroll down for "Language Lessons Flyer")
- Tuesday, January 16: Grade 3 MAP-M Test in afternoon
- Tuesday, January 16: Grade 3 Parent Info. Meeting about Center for Enriched Studies Program, 7 p.m. at the Carver Educational Services Center, 850 Hungerford Dr. Rockville
- Thursday, January 18: Parents of Fifth Graders attend Sligo Middle School meeting at 6:30 p.m. about registering children for middle school (Snow date January 25) See Classroom Grade 5 Page for more information.
- Friday, January 19: Grade 3 MAP-R Test in morning
- Friday, January 19: Cultural Arts Assembly: Step Afrika
- Monday, January 22: GeoBee Kickoff, All Grades
- Wednesday, January 24: Winter Concert at 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 24: Grade 3 Parent Info Meeting about Center for Enriched Studies Program, 7 p.m. at Richard Montgomery High School
- Thursday, January 25: Early Release Day
- Friday, January 26: No School; professional day for teachers
- Monday, January 29: Kindergarten Tour 9:30-10:00 a.m. for parents of incoming Kindergarten students Fall 2018
- January-February: Counselor lessons K-2 "De-Bug Part 2" and Gr. 3-5 "SMART Goals"
Language Lessons Flyer Winter 2018 (Mandarin, French, Spanish)
After-School Clubs: January - March
Center for Enriched Studies Program for Gifted, Talented, Motivated students in Grades 4 and 5
Students Recognized for Star Behavior at All-School Town Hall Meeting, January 8
Donate Blankets to Shepherds' Table
Flu Letter to Parents From Ms. Roseman, Gr. 3
Click Here for Classrooms, then click on child's grade to find teacher's weekly email blast.
Common Sense Media Resources for Families
Parent Academy: Click here for MCPS parent workshops such as "Cybersafety and Social Media" on January 31
Click Here for Parent Guide to Preparing for Parent-Teacher Conferences Click Here for explanation of expected Reading Targets for your child's grade.
Don't forget to click on "Classrooms" and then your child's grade to see if teachers have posted anything. Example: here's the link to Grade One.
You can find information on Student Council by clicking on Classrooms and then Student Council.
About Us Updates:
Don't forget to click on "About Us" tab and "Programs" to find information on programs that work closely with the classrooms, such as ESOL -- English for Speakers of Other Languages (click here.) Also, see; "Thank you, Ms. Jackson!"
Click on the "Newsletters" tab for updates such as "Woodlin Cares" and "New Grading System."
Traffic Patterns: If you drive for pick up or drop off, read this! Safety is our number one priority and we need everyone's support to ensure that all students are safe arriving and leaving school. If you have any questions, please contact the main office at 240-740-2820.
Lunch Information (English) (Spanish)
http://www.montgomeryschoolsmd.org/departments/foodserv/menus/elementary_lunch.aspx December Menus
PTA President Letter
Bus Route Letter
- AM Bus Routes
- PM Bus Routes