Executive Officer Responsibilities
- Prepares agenda and presides at monthly PTA meetings.
- Coordinates the work of the officers and the committees.
- Serves as a member ex officio of all committees except that of the nominating committee.
- Coordinates PTA events/programs/issues with school administration.
- Meets with School Principal on a regular basis to establish ongoing communication.
- Reviews PTA flyers/print media for distribution.
- Monitors school’s PTA mailbox and distributes mail accordingly.
- Co-signs all PTA checks.
- Prepares (or delegates) e-group notices.
- Reports on and represents Woodfield interests at Damascus Cluster Meetings.
- Prepares school input for Cluster Coordinator's County CIP and Operating Budget Testimony.
- Monitors and relays MCPS, Board of Education, and County Council proposals and decisions impacting Woodfield.
- Prepares agenda and presides at the Executive Board meetings.
Vice President I - Fundraising
- Attends monthly PTA meetings.
- Provides pertinent information to the newsletter editor for monthly editions.
- Shares with the President the responsibility for approving all PTA mail, flyers, handouts, community service messages, advertisements, etc. prior to distribution.
- Serves as President in the absence of the President.
- Monitors budget income requirements and, as needed, submits proposals for new fundraisers.
- Monitors all fundraisers.
- Monitors the implementation of the jobs/responsibilities of the Fundraising committees.
Vice President II - Membership
- Attends monthly PTA meetings.
- Conducts Membership drive in the fall including coordination of programs/publicity to increase parent and teacher participation, collection of all forms, and proper registration with local, state, and national PTAs.
- Maintains all Membership records for use when needed such as to ensure voting protocol at PTA meetings.
- Attends monthly PTA meetings and takes minutes of all proceedings.
- Prepares written minutes of all monthly meetings for presentation at subsequent meetings.
- Provides copies of meeting minutes to teachers and to official file.
- May be assigned additional duties such as letters of correspondence.
- Attends monthly PTA meetings, preparing and reporting on the current financial status to the membership.
- Prepares proposed annual operating budget for approval at a general PTA meeting in September.
- Coordinates with all committees for timely transfer of receipts and invoices for activities.
- Issues all PTA checks and fulfills all monetary obligations of the PTA.
- Coordinates use of cash box by committee chairpersons for PTA events.
- Prepares deposits for bank account.
- Prepares paperwork/payment for PTA membership, insurance, IRS and state agencies both for property and sales taxes.
- Maintains all financial records.
- Arranges for annual audit.
- Recommends to PTA possible uses for excess funds at the end of the school year.
- Ensures an appropriate carryover balance for new school year to cover initial expenses.
- Attends monthly delegate assemblies and represents Woodfield interests on pending issues.
- Attends monthly PTA meetings to provide feedback to the membership on county-wide issues.