We are musicians who like to listen to music, discuss music and create music. We know that classroom music experiences:
- let us explore a variety of music genres and styles
- help us to make aesthetic judgments
- connect us to the past and other cultures
- allow us to uniquely express our own ideas and emotions.
We will be inspired to be life-long lovers of music, performers, and consumers of music by following "The Resnik Way" each day.
Ms. Zabel Mrs. Vinson
Ms. Zabel has been teaching music for many years and is absolutely delighted to be the full-time music teacher at Resnik. She especially loves working with the chorus students. In her spare time, she enjoys taking classes regarding Orff Schulwerk, World Drumming, and ballroom dancing.
Mrs. Vinson teaches music at Resnik on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. She is also the music teacher at Woodfield Elementary in Damascus. This will be Mrs. Vinson's ninth year teaching music in Montgomery County after graduating from the University of Maryland College Park with a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education. She also holds a Master's degree in Curriculum and Instruction from McDaniel College. Mrs. Vinson loves teaching music, singing, dancing, and laughing with her students! She has two young daughters at home who keep her busy and smiling when she isn't teaching!
Time to Get Ready for the Holidays!!!
Winter Concert Approaching
- Come hear the Resnik Chorus members perform on Sunday, December 3rd at 3:00 p.m. at Congressional Plaza on the corner of Rockville Pike and Halpine Road. We will be performing seasonal music to get you in the holiday mood!
- Rehearsals for the participating chorus members are:
- Thursday, November 16th
- Thursday, November 30th
Google Chrome Classroom - 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grades
- Mark your calendar: Tuesday, December 19th at 7:00 p.m. Resnik will hold its Winter Chorus, Band, and Orchestra Concert.
- Concert Snow Date: Thursday, December 21st at 7:00 p.m.
- Please look over the music page for opportunities to extend learning and practice with the recorder!
- Performing Music: Explore steady beat.
- Responding Music: Respond to different meters through movement; demonstrate different vocal and instrumental tone colors.
- Reading Music: Read high and low, long and short icons.
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Compare loud/soft and fast/slow sounds.
- Performing Music: Perform singing games; perform a bordun; perform folk songs and dances.
- Reading and Notating Music: Read icons for quarter and eighth notes, so, and mi.
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Demonstrate steady beat through movement; identify contrasting and repeating sections.
- Performing Music: Perform steady beat on classroom instruments.
- Reading and Notating Music: Read tie, half note, half rest, do, re.
3rd Grade Whack-A-Note
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Identify meter in written examples; use music vocabulary -- pianissimo / fortissimo.
- Performing Music: Sing with appropriate vocal technique; perform songs and dances of various periods and cultures, two-part rounds.
- Reading and Notating Music: Melodic
- Reading and Notating Music: Music reading-- sight-reading with solfege; music notation.
- Performing Music: Three-part rounds; vocal technique--expressive qualities; perform singing games and dances of various periods and cultures.
- Identifying major and minor modes.
- Comparing music and other arts.
- Performance and audience behaviors.
- Analyzing and Responding to Music: Identify instruments by sight and sound; connections between music and historical events; conduct in various meters; audience behaviors.
- Performing Music: Vocal technique - diction and expression; partner songs and descants; chordal accompaniment.
- Music arranging.
Cool YouTube Videos:
Vivaldi, Winter, Four Seasons (Allegro), Beethoven, Symphony 7, Allegretto, mvt 2
with animated score
Bobby McFerrin Demonstrates JULIAN SMITH - Techno Jeep
the Power of the Pentatonic Scale
Places to Visit: ARTSEDGE/Perfect Pitch
Classics for Kids
Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
National Philharmonic Orchestra
Black Rock Center for the Arts
Children's Chorus of Washington