Did you know that the Pyle Education Foundation spends about $50,000 each year to provide our children with programs and services not covered by the MCPS budget?
(See below for a list of currently planned projects and past expenditures.)
Did you also know that the Pyle Education Foundation is solely supported by generous donations from you?
The Pyle Education Foundation raises funds to support needed projects that enrich and extend the education of the Pyle Middle School community. Working with Pyle staff, student, and parent leadership, the Foundation assesses the transformative potential of our combined resources to fund unmet facility, equipment, and program needs. We are a volunteer-run, 501 (c)(3) tax-exempt fundraising organization.
The Board is asking that you consider donating $100 to $150 per child to help fund all the projects the Foundation supports here at Pyle.
Please DONATE NOW to the Pyle Education Foundation using PayPal or Pay For School Stuff
The Pyle Cocktail Parties are Coming Soon!
Wood Acres - Saturday, March 18, 6-8
Home of: Gena & Brian Mitchell, 5904 Carlton Lane
Jami & Matt Axelrod
Azeen & Bill James
Kim & Bruce Levin
Sally McCarthy & Andy Navarrete
Karen McDonnell & Robert Latchford
Danielle Miller Wagner & Joe Wagner
Kelly & Mike Spector
Becky & Brian Wiese
Bannockburn – Saturday, March 18, 7-9
Home of: Susan and Sean Eagle, 6610 Elgin Lane
Sarah Craven and Matt McGuire
Susan and Sean Eagle
Alexandra Freeman and Doug Pyle
Laura and Kevin Miller
Wendy and Jonathan Putnam
Kate and Jim Robinson
Tori and Sam Wales
Miriam Weintraub and Steve Blanks
Bradley Hills - Saturday, March 18th, 8-10
Home of: Yana Kravtsova & Kevin Jakel, 7306 Durbin Terrace
Sherry & Matt Altman
Charlotte Grant-Blom & Max Blom
Jenn & Ian Gaum
Sarah & Mohammed Najafi
Rachel & Michael Svec
Kim & Zachary Taylor
Beth & Sergio Tello
Beth Redlich & Howard Widra
Burning Tree - Saturday, March 25, 7-9
Home of: Risa Bender and Ben Klubes, 7200 Armat Drive
Cindy Campell and Tim Hannegan
Stacie and Scott Gould
Pallavi and Sunil Kachoria
Lisa Shah and John Lodato
Mary and Sal Zambri
Dana and Ray Cruz
Anne de Fontenay and David Hotes
Yeages and Manny Cowan
Carderock - Saturday, March 25, 8-10
Home of: Wendy and Tom Kuhn, 7101 Saunders Court
Leanne and Shawn Till
Kim and Ryan Kuehl
Karen and Shawn Roman
Caroline Walsh and Greg Rosenberg
Every year the PEF awards grants to promote the mission to enhance education at Pyle and other public elementary and secondary education schools within the cluster, including all elementary schools that feed into Pyle and also Walt Whitman High School. The three broad categories for funding programs are: School programs, facility improvements, and community outreach. Grant amounts will be based on need, merit and available resources. PEF will be accepting grant applications on a rolling basis. The PEF Board will review requests received and notify applicants promptly.
Follow this link to open a pdf of the Grant Invitation Letter, Guidelines and Application form:
PEF Grant Forms
For more information you can also contact Wendy Kuhn at email@example.com . We are now accepting grant proposals for the 2016-2017 school year.
EDUCATION FOUNDATION PROJECTS:
1. Mindfulness instruction by Minds, Inc. for staff and students
2. Shakespeare in the Classroom
3. Thirty-two new laptops and a portable cart
4. Choral risers
5. Thirty-five new microscopes
6. Fifteen new sewing machines.
7. Drama and Technology training
8. Two teachers to attend Educator's Initiative from North Carolina Outward Bound
9. Three teachers to attend Association of Middle Level Educators conference in Columbus, Ohio.
10. Conference attendance for instrumental music teacher
11. Conference attendance for choral teacher
12. Clinics for both choral and orchestra students
13. Support of TAG mindfulness program
14. Twenty new yoga mats and cart for monthly yoga for students
15. Planners for rising Whitman freshmen
16. Co-funded Pyle App
1. Fund the 6th grade Shakespeare Theatre program that 7th and 8th graders currently enjoy
2. Fund a professional development conference for both the music director and the choral director, and another conference for a team of counselors, teachers and the assistant principal
3. Launch a Mindfulness program for 8th graders in the Spring
4. Send four faculty members to the Educator's Initiative program for leadership development
Seeking Transformative Ideas to Improve Pyle
The Pyle Education Foundation funds projects that enhance the greater Pyle community. The Foundation focuses on projects for facilities, equipment and/or programs that have a multi-year impact. In looking to prioritize future fundraising goals, the Board of the Foundation is seeking suggestions for transformative projects for the 2016-201 school year and beyond. Any administrator, teacher, parent or student with suggestions should contact Mary Zambri or any of the PEF Board Members. We would love to hear from you.
PEF Board Members (Parent Volunteers) for 2016-2017:
Mary Zambri (President), Jami Axelrod, Wendy Kuhn, Kim Levin, Matthew McGuire, Sarah Najafi, Beth Redlich, Rachel Svec, and Chris Nardi (Principal).