Shelter in Place
A danger is outside the building in the local area.
Activities continue as scheduled inside the building. Outside doors are locked. Students are accounted for in all instructional areas. Gym and recess will be restricted to inside the school building.
A danger is imminent inside the building.
Teachers sweep the hallway and secure all classrooms. Lights are turned off and blinds are drawn. Activities in the rooms are limited and a quiet appearance is encouraged.
Parent Reunification Plan
(need photo ID)
- Parents enter through outside APR door on right side of the building.
- Parent moves to table with student's last name and shows identification. Staff member verifies authorization to pick up with emergency information on file. Parent is given a card with names to pick up and moves to Call Table.
- Staff member contacts main office via Walkie Talkie and child is summoned to the kitchen.
- Parent meets child in the kitchen and signs student out on the class list. Exit through kitchen door.
- Alternate reunification locations: Selby's or Poolesville High