6th Grade World Studies
The Dynasties: Shang, Han, Qin, Tang, Zhou, Qing, Song, and Ming
Use the AGOPP Method
||DIRECTIONS FOR STUDENTS
Ask and Clarify
Don't forget - Who. What. When. How. Where. Why.
Gather Information from a wide range of Sources
Remember the TEXT FEATURES are your research aids, both on the printed page and the internet page.
Gathering Information from Print Sources and Databases: Use key Words and phrases when using the index, table of contents and search box.
Make sure you have the password sheet for home use.
Image Quest (Photographs)
SIRS Knowledge Source SIRS
Student Resource Center Junior (Mrs. Larson's favorite)
CultureGrams Students working on modern China use this 1st!
Remember and use your search strategies.
Books - Non-fiction books relating to China have been pulled and are displayed on shelves in the media center. Additional information resources are the books in the Reference area of the media center.
Use your graphic organizer for notes and citation information.
Prepare Materials to Present
See your teacher for project instructions.
Mr. Evan's Class projects are below.
- Kite Project - At least 8 facts should be labeled on kited.
- 3-D Model/Diorama - At least 8 facts should be bolded or underlined in the book.
- Children's Book - At least 8 facts should be bolded or underlined in the book.
- Diary Entries (at least 3) - Best suited for a person or done from a peron's viewpoint of historical event. At least 8 facts should be bolded or underlined in the diary.
- Fakebook.com - http://www.classtools.net/fb/home/page ONLY can be done if you are researching a person. At least 8 facts should be provided on wall postings. Must have at least 10 likes by different people/groups/dynasties.
- Tiki-Toki.com (Timeline) - http://www.tiki-toki.com/ BEST for dynasties, but can be done for a person. Must have at least 8 facts listed on timeline with dates included . Have at least 3 total pictures or links with facts.
- Microsoft PowerPoint - Have at least five slides including an introductory slide. Have at least 8 facts on slides. Also, include 3 pictures or links on slides.
Present & Assess Information
Jake Brown: http://www.classtools.net/fb/58/a5JELS
Paige Chase: http://www.classtools.net/fb/3/L93mDk
Allie Kalik: http://www.classtools.net/fb/19/57AjbL
Ian Shonat: http://www.classtools.net/fb/28/VRf8cc
Maiya Trombley: http://www.classtools.net/fb/65/XBZAmd
Julia Papdopulos: http://www.classtools.net/fb/50/UWFS4e
Noora Youssefi: http://www.classtools.net/fb/57/U5f9A3
Cleo Zhao: http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/entry/36027/Roman-of-Three-Kingdom/
|Library Media MLO's
- Students will demonstrate the ability to locate and use information resources, equipment and other technologies effectively and efficiently.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to review, evaluate and select media.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to learn and apply reading, research and critical thinking skills to organize, and synthesize information in order to communicate new understanding.
This page is maintained by the North Bethesda Middle School's Web Team