Ms. Moaadel-6th grade counselor
Ms. Ikpemgbe-Kaigler-7th grade counselor/resource
Ms. Johnson-8th grade counselor
Ms. Pinto-Roman-Counseling secretary/registrar
Ms. Lipman-Pupil Personnel Worker (Mon & Thurs)
Ms. Ronit Eshel-School Psychologist (Mon & Thurs)
Complete New Student Information form #560-24
Complete Emergency Form #565-1;
Bring student birth certificate
Bring parent/guardian identification (driver’s license, passport, etc.)
Bring proof of residency (one of the following)
- Home Owner-Current Property tax/mortgage
- Renter-Current lease (additional info may be needed if renting more than 1 year-current utility bills)
- Shared Housing-Form
# 335-74 (must be notarized); Spanish version
Bring updated immunization
Bring updated educational plans if applicable (IEP, 504)
2017-18 Course Bulletin
This is a new year and we know that each grade level is wondering what to expect in this upcoming school year. Here are a few helpful hints:
Expect to learn how to work with 7 new teachers. Each teacher has his/her own teaching styles & rules so you must learn to adjust and work with each teacher.
- Time management. You must learn to set time aside to complete homework and projects. Learn your way around the school & make sure you are on time for class.
- When in doubt just ask. Counselors & teachers are here to support!
- Find a study buddy for each class. You’ll need someone to call if you’re absent or just need help!
- Expect to get the job done. Complete all assignments & work hard.
- This year grades count if you are thinking about other options for high school. This is the time to show us what you know.
- Fine tune study & work habits. Work load will increase so be ready for this upcoming challenge.
- Build relationships with teachers. They make great resources and recommendations.
- Stay focused because 8th grade is around the corner.
- Expect to make some big decisions. High school is on the horizon.
- Complete applications for various high school programs.
- High School registration
- Continue to work hard and stay on task.
- Get excited about end of year activities!
Counselors are happy to see you during lunch, before and after school. We can see you during class only if your teacher gives you a pass and during Viking Time.
GMS Course Bulletin 2016-2017
US Department of Education College Scorecard