Ms. Bakhru, Media Specialist and Ms. Paull, Media Assistant
SUGGESTION OF BOOKS FOR MEDIA CENTER
Visiting the Media Center:
- Hours: School days, 7:30 a.m. to 3:15 p.m for reading, research, study, and book selection
- The Media Center is open to our students, staff and parents.
- The Media Center supports the instructional program at Argyle Middle School by providing formal instruction to students on how to access, evaluate and use a wide range of highly reliable print and electronic resources. The Media Center also contains an inviting selection of recreational reading materials to appeal to all tastes and reading abilities.
- We hope you will visit often and ask for assistance.
- Lunch passes are available from the Cafeteria at all lunches. Lunch should be eaten in the cafeteria before coming to the Media Center. No passes are needed after school.
- Checking out books: Students can have up to 3 books checked out at a time. Books circulate for 2 weeks, but may be renewed. Students with overdue books cannot check out additional books until the overdue ones are returned or renewed. Overdue notices are distributed during first period.
- Magazines and Newspapers: Current Newspapers remain in the Media Center. Newspapers are kept for 2 weeks and then recycled.
- Laptops and Desktop Computers: Argyle and MCPS guidelines for computer use must be observed. Guidelines are listed in the Student Handbook.
- Photocopier: Available for student use
- Suggestions: We welcome them! Let a media staff member know what books or magazines you would like to see in the Media Center.
Research and Resource Information
Other Lists - Great Reading Choices
- Bullying – Learn about anti-bullying measures and ways you can help prevent it from happening to you child
- Cafeteria- myLunchMoney.com is a new service being offered which allows parents to make prepayments to their child’s cafeteria account with a credit/debit card using the Internet. Once the account is established, you can check balances, view student purchases, set up recurring payments, and receive low balance e-mail notification.
- Enrollment Information
- Get Connected! Discover a unique directory of up-to-date information on community services for children, teens, families, adults and seniors
- High School Choice Process – Chose between Blair, Einstein, Kennedy, Northwood, Wheaton, (Milestones Program Booklet)
- MSMC - Choose Success! The Middle School Magnet Consortium (MSMC) is made up of three schools -- Argyle, Loiederman, and Parkland middle schools -- each of which offers an innovative and challenging magnet curriculum.
- Online School Payment - A 3.75% fee will be added to the purchase price as a site service fee for all school purchases made by credit card. This fee is not collected by AMS nor MCPS but by the processing company hosting the site.