Media Center Staff
Mrs. Jackie Suzich, Media Specialist, email: Jacqueline_H_Suzich@mcpsmd.org
Mrs. Alma Paul, Media Assistant, email: Alma_L_Paull@mcpsmd.org
Destiny Library Catalog
Go to the Destiny Catalog to look for print and electronic materials in our collection. Media Center users may also log in to Destiny to view their current checkouts, due dates, holds, and fines:
Destiny Electronic Catalog
Media Center Google Site
Go to the Google site to gain access to the usernames and passwords for all of Argyle's online resources here:
Argyle Middle School Media Center Google Site
Visiting the Media Center:
- Hours: School days 7:45 a.m. to 3:15 p.m. for reading, research, study, and book selection
- The Media Center is open to our students, staff and parents.
- The Media Center supports the instructional program at Argyle Middle School by providing formal instruction to students on how to access, evaluate, and use a wide range of highly reliable print and electronic resources. The Media Center also contains an inviting selection of recreational reading materials to appeal to all tastes and reading abilities.
- Lunch passes are available from the Cafeteria at all lunches. Lunch should be eaten in the cafeteria before coming to the Media Center. No passes are needed after school.
- Checking out books: Students may have up to 3 books checked out at a time. Books circulate for 2 weeks, but may be renewed. Students with overdue books cannot check out additional books until the overdue ones are returned or renewed. Overdue notices are distributed during first period.
- Computers: Argyle and MCPS guidelines for computer use must be observed. Guidelines are listed in the Student Handbook.
- Suggestions: We welcome them! Let a media staff member know what books or magazines you would like to see in the Media Center, or can write your suggestions in the suggestion book at the Circulation Desk, or add them to the Padlet Suggestion Wall at the bottom of this page.
- We hope you will visit often and ask for assistance if you need help finding a good book, or locating something you found in the Destiny catalog. We are here to help you!
Research and Resource Information
Media Center Mission
The mission of the library media program is to ensure that students and staff are effective users and creators of ideas and information. The media center provides resources for students and staff to find information for curricular research as well as for pleasure reading. The media center program fosters a lifelong love of reading and learning in the entire school community, and encourages students and staff to be critical thinkers and responsible users of information and technology.
Digital Citizenship Information
Parents and students can find more information about being a good digital citizen, staying safe online, and recommendations for age-appropriate books, movies, and digital resources at Common Sense Media's website: Common Sense Media.
MCPS uses Common Sense Media's Digital Citizenship lessons to teach students about digital citizenship.
Montgomery County Public Libraries Websites for Kids and Teens
Book and Media Center Suggestions
If you have suggestions of new books to add to the media center collection, or any other ideas for the media center, post them on this Padlet wall by clicking on the + sign in the pink circle (posts are moderated, so they won't show up immediately):
Argyle Book Reviews - Add Yours Here!
Have you read a book that you really liked? Or have you read one that got a lot of hype that you didn't think was so great?
Share your book review here and help others find books they will like! Please include the title and the author with the review, and also add a photo of the cover if you can.