Parent Teacher Student Association (PTSA)
2019/2020 PTSA meetings:
September 17th October
15th November 19th
January 21st February
18th March 17th April 21st May 13th
at 7 pm in the RHS Staff Lounge
YOUR voice in YOUR school. The letters PTS stand for parents, teachers, and students because the PTSA is a partnership of parents, teachers, and students dedicated in strengthening the school community. The PTSA strives to better the lives of all of our children. We are part of an association that is organized at the local, state, and national levels.
The number one reason to join the PTSA is to benefit your student. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTSA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school. Each PTSA meeting starts with reports from the Principal and PTSA President and the PTSA meeting feature speakers and discussion of the topics and issue of greatest importance to the school community.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTSA offers a variety of programs designed to strengthen the school community and support the teachers, parents, and students.
- Tap into a Network: PTSA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTSA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: PTSA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school and advocate for your child.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTSAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By being an active PTSA member and volunteer, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
PTSA provides the opportunities and structure for all individuals to become an advocate for children and families in your own communities.
We are all volunteers committed to working on issues that affect children and families. Your voice is so important to us, and we need your help.
Join the PTSA today. You can now click on this link to join and pay online.
(Please remember to go back to submit your form after you pay online.)
PTSA Board Members:
Other Parent Organizations: