Linkages to Learning at JoAnn Leleck ES
at Broad Acres
Office Hours: 8:00-4:00
(240) 740-1930 Fax: 301.431.4049
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Montgomery County Public Schools and a community based service providers. “YMCA Youth & Family Services is the proud provider of the Linkages to Learning program at JoAnn Leleck at BAES. The program provides accessible services to at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home, and community. Prevention and early intervention services include health, mental health, social services and educational support.
The Mission To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and emotional issues that interfere with the academic success of a child. Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among the Montgomery County Department of Health and Human Services, the Mongomery County Public Schools and non-profit, community based service providers.
Linkages to Learning Services
- Supporting students' adjustment to school
- Counseling individuals, families, and groups
- Providing preventive health care and health education
- Providing workshops and classes on issues of parenting, nutrition, and acculturation
- Assisting with food, utility, housing, clothing, etc.
- Assisting with applications for financial and medical assistance
- Planning community outreach and prevention programs
- Empowering parents to access the "service system" on their own
Linkage's Main Web Page