The Literacy Link
The Latest Reflection on Reading
Summer Reading: Yes, it really does make a difference!
Check out these free summer reading incentive programs for kids!
- Barnes & Noble Imagination Destination – This summer reading program through Barnes & Noble gives your child the ability to earn a FREE book after reading 8 books and keeping track of them in a reading log.
- Scholastic Summer Challenge – Log in your reading minutes to the Scholastic site and your child will be able to participate in a World Record challenge as well as earn digital prizes!
- Montgomery County Public Libraries - The library has a FREE and motivating summer reading program. Be sure to check out the library’s lists of suggested titles by grade and interest level
- Chuck E. Cheese - Read each day for two weeks and fill out a reading calendar. Trade in the calendar for free tokens!
- B&O Railroad Museum - The magic of reading and the railroad takes your child on a special journey. Children who participate in the Summer Reading Program can earn a free book and a chance to win an engineer’s outfit!
- Start with a Book - Select a theme, find a book, and enjoy reading, learning, and crafting!
- Sign up for Camp Wonderoplis, the online summer-learning destination that's full of fun, interactive STEM and literacy-building topics for kids and their families.