Media Specialist: Ms. Karesh
Media Assistant: Ms. Cruz
What’s happening now in the Bulldog Media Center?
Black Eyed Susan
Each year the Black-Eyed Susan Book Award honors outstanding children’s books that are chosen by Maryland students. The purpose of the award is to promote good reading habits and a lifelong appreciation of literature by encouraging students to read quality contemporary literature. All children may participate in the April voting for this year’s Black Eyed Susan award winner in the categories of Picture Books, Grade 4-6 Graphic Novels and Grade 4-6 Chapter Books. To participate a student must read and fill out a brief reflection book mark (available in the Media Center) for a minimum of 8 Picture Books and/or 3 Graphic Novels and/or 3 Chapter Books. Students who complete the requirements will be invited to an in-school celebration in the spring. For a list of this year’s books go to: http://maslmd.org
Destiny (Media Center Catalog)
- Search for books from home
- See what books you have checked out and when they are due
- See what books you have on hold
- Book check out is for a period of 2 weeks
- 3rd grade students may check out one book at a time.
- 4 th and 5 th grade students may check out 2 books at a time
- Students who have overdue materials may not check out other materials until the overdue is returned.
- Students should return books by the date stamped on the back of the book.
- Students will not be fined for overdue books, but they are responsible for paying for lost materials or materials damaged beyond repair.
Capstone ebooks (Get user name and password from the Media Center.)
MackinVia ebooks (Get user name and password from the Media Center.)
Rourke ebooks (Get user name and password from the Media Center.)
TumbleBooks (Get user name and password from the Media Center)
(Get user name and password from the Media Center or your teacher)
Discovery Streaming allows students and teachers access to educational and entertaining videos and activities.
Username type in "MCPS_______"
fill in the blank with the students 6 digit student ID number (which is their computer user name).
Password is Student 6 digit ID
Please feel free to contact the Media Center with any questions!
Montgomery County Public Library
Visit your local public library website for upcoming programs for kids and updated recommended reading lists: http://montgomerycountymd.libguides.com/kids