National Honor Society
NHS Officers| Entry Requirements |Dues | Required Service Hours | Links |Forms/Flyers | NHS Tutoring
The National Honor Society (NHS) is the nation's premier organization established to recognize outstanding high school and middle level students. More than just an honor roll, NHS serves to honor those students who have demonstrated excellence in the areas of Scholarship, Leadership, Service, and Character.
Entry Requirements for NHS
To be considered for entry into the National Honor Society, you must:
- Have a 3.3 unweighted GPA
- Have completed a minimum of 60 Student Service Learning Hours
- Provide 2 letters of recommendation from teachers
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a community member
- Submit a completed application packet
- $20.00 per year for incoming juniors and current seniors.
- $25.00 per year for incoming seniors.
Required Service Hours for NHS
30 NHS Hours Required:
- 10 hours must be tutoring (5 hours each semester)
- 20 hours can be earned through donations, fund-raising, attendance at meetings and an independent project (required).
Both service hours and dues are subject to change and voted on by the membership.
Students may not miss more than 2 consecutive meetings. Students are asked to sign the Honor Code Pledge. They are subject to all rules of the national organization