Language & Literature
Summer Reading Activities
Click here for all Summer Reading activities
|Humanities Grade 6
|Humanities Grade 7
|Humanities Grade 8
- Language is a powerful tool for expressing ideas, beliefs, and feelings.
- Knowledge of language facilitates thought.
- Readers, listeners, and viewers continually develop and apply strategies to construct meaning from increasingly complex and challenging texts.
- Writers and speakers strategically use language to communicate for a variety of purposes.
- Individuals need advanced literacy skills to participate actively and successfully in today’s demanding, information-based society.
- Literature reveals the complexities of the world and human experience.
Course Offerings & Curriculum Links