Linkages to Learning
Linkages to Learning is a school-based collaboration among Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS), the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), and private sector health and human service agencies in Montgomery County, Maryland. The program is designed to enable at-risk children and their families to improve adjustment to and performance in school, home and in the community. Parents work as partners with program staff to develop solutions to various challenges confronting their children.
To improve the well-being of children and their families through a collaborative delivery of school-based services that address the social, economic, health, and academic success of a child.
Community School Coordinator (Erika Larrea): 240-740-0238
Family Case Manager (Byron Diaz): 240-740-0237
Child and Family Therapist (Kaitlyn Lizama): 240-740-0239
Linkages to Learning of WWES wants to hear what programs and services you would like for your kids and yourself, for the next school year, please complete this short survey online by June 12, 2020.
English version: https://forms.gle/UeZZ5YzJDbfp75hNA
Spanish version: https://forms.gle/U1Jd9veETFSymdmC6
Online Learning Resources
Parent Academy To Go series is an online resource to provide parents with basic and simple "How To" technology videos in multiple languages. This resource was created for parents to help students with remote learning.
Below is the link for the first of a four-part series, How to Sign In to A Chromebook video.
We will also offer the video in Spanish, Amharic, Korean, Mandarin, Vietnamese and French and future topics will include How to Join Zoom Meetings, How to Navigate myMCPS Classroom and How to Use Google Classroom. The online videos will be available at www.mcpsparentacademy.org.
- Assesses the needs and strengths of the entire school community and
provides programs and educational opportunities to meet those needs.
- Examples of some programs offered could include:
- After school programs
- ESOL classes
- Summer Camps
- Parent/Youth Governance Committee
- Parent Workshops
- Sports Clubs
- Case management services including:
- Basic needs like clothing and food
- Employment assistance
- Eligibility and financial resources
- Referrals to access services and supports in the community to reach individualized goals
- Peer support groups
- Workshops for parents on important topics such as:
- Legal issues
- Parenting skills
and Family Therapist
- Individual early intervention and prevention mental health therapy sessions with students
- To address topics including: life transitions (divorce, grief/loss,
reunification), social skills, self-esteem, coping with stress and
anger, coping with emerging signs of anxiety and depression
- Family therapy (sessions with siblings, parents, whole families)
- Groups on a varietyof topics including social skills, anger
management, and coping skills
- Consultation for teachers on classroom behavior management
Linkages Information Flyer (English)
Linkages Information Flyer (Spanish)